Hard start fix?

I am not a big fan of the E3 series plug for what I consider to be a major design flaw...In the pics below, notice the upper ceramic construction of the NGK plug, It is "corrogated" to prevent spark "flashback" from either faulty, or in our case, cheap spark plug boots on these Chinese kits.

The E3 plugs do not have this as a construction feature in their plugs.

What happens is the flashback goes beyond the ceramic stem and hits the metal base of the plug...This will overheat things quite a bit as well as it can also result in possible spark plug hole thread damage channeled through that metal base of the plug.

The very bottom pic will show you an example of flashback that happened to one of our members spark plug recently as well as the fact it damaged his threads as well.

View attachment 173695View attachment 173702

View attachment 173700
I'm not a big fan of useing the wrong heat range... That was not caused by the design of the ceramic insulator arcing across the plug... The heat was coming from the bottom from the pictures...

I'm not a big fan of useing the wrong heat range... That was not caused by the design of the ceramic insulator arcing across the plug... The heat was coming from the bottom from the pictures...
It's quite possible that it was cracked in between the metal base and the porcelain as well.

It's quite possible that it was cracked in between the metal base and the porcelain as well.
E3 1.0 Is a 4 stroke lawnmower plug... E3 3.2 is a 2 stroke snowmobile plug... That E3 1.0 should have melted the 2stroke like it did on a long run... Not because of any defect or poor design etc... Etc... It's also 1/4" longer

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220430-162615.png
    Screenshot_20220430-162615.png
    155.3 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_20220430-162658.png
    Screenshot_20220430-162658.png
    157.8 KB · Views: 82
Ok if it's because of the E3 1.0 design an NGK B 3-4 hs should be good with the ceramic insulator being the only difference.... Or the E3 3.2 to NGK B 6-7 HS cross ???

We could learn something from 2 heat ranges hotter plug or condem all E3 plugs because of an oversight 1.0 - 3.2

Back