hard to start

dylan

Local time
10:00 PM
80cc bike, it takes about 10mins to start my bike i have to try it loads of times before it will start, the engine will turn but just wont kick in for ages, i dont have the stock spark plug, what could be the problem?

maybe needs the right plug, maybe needs more choke or less choke than you are using

That is definitely a bad leak, or simply too much gas. Is the jet inside the carb bowl screwed into the carb or just laying in the bottom doing nothing useful?

If it starts eventually then you finally got something hot enough to actually light the gas, not to mention the spark has to fight a bunch of wet oily soaked and probably very carbon burnt.

I recommend the same cure as jag and many other members, those freakin iridium spark plugs can solve a world of problems... And at 7 or 8 bucks at an autozone or Amazon shipping you can have a very reliable and litteral upgrade to the system.

Maybe the magnetos are naturally under powered, and so a very efficient plug can help a great deal at making your timing a bunch more smoothed out. Give it a shot if nothing else...

80cc bike, it takes about 10mins to start my bike i have to try it loads of times before it will start, the engine will turn but just wont kick in for ages, i dont have the stock spark plug, what could be the problem?
I had the same problem very hard to start tried everything from change carby to checking the bowl adjusting the clutch cable and big bevel clutch cog turns out taking the big bevel clutch cog off and and placing a new one in fixed it to work brand new check to see if your big bevel cog is rocking around if not replace the pads Inside

Welcome to Motoredbikes.com Lordo
I had the same problem very hard to start tried everything from change carby to checking the bowl adjusting the clutch cable and big bevel clutch cog turns out taking the big bevel clutch cog off and and placing a new one in fixed it to work brand new check to see if your big bevel cog is rocking around if not replace the pads Inside

Dylan fixed it 4 years ago. But thanks for sharing your problem maybe it can help someone.
the jet was lose in the carb bowl but i tightened it so will it start easier now?

Back