Haro #2

This is my Haro V1 aluminum frame mountain cruiser
122_IMG_1336_1.jpg

I added a RockShox Judy C fork and a Sturmey-Archer XFD front drum hub
122_IMG_1337_1.jpg

the bike came with 1-piece brake/shifters levers, I prefer a double brake lever, so I removed front and back derailleurs, shortened chain and ran a chain guide from a tandem (those multi-speed chains are very narrow and need tension to keep from jumping sprocket)
122_IMG_1338_1.jpg

removing extra levers left bars much cleaner !
122_IMG_1339_1.jpg

the switches on either side of stem are - right side = kill switch, left side = headlight (20watt halogen bulb modded into drivinglight housing, powered by 12v 12ah battery (on rack behind seat)... rode it last night for 1.5 hrs and charge barely went down :D )
I think I am done changing things, except for maybe a double kickstand, and am really pleased with how it runs :D :D :D

nice looking ride, bro!

azkronic said:
I think I am done changing things, except for maybe a double kickstand, and am really pleased with how it runs :D :D :D

when i changed to a suspension fork on my mtn bike, my kickstand wouldn't hold it up without a board...or something. I tried a double centerstand.....it wouldn't reach the ground. So I welded an extension on the regular kickstand.

where did you get your front fender, i would like to purchase one

jon

sweet! i know you're much happier w/performance of this over the deviate (shake, rattle and roll :p ). looks good, too 8)
Happy :mrgreen:

Haro

I remember buying a Haro, back in my freestyle days in the 80's.

Damn I'm feeling my age. Beautiful bike though.

Nice bike! Looks like you spent a healthy chunk-o-change on that one!

Herrmanator8,

Try doing a search on T.H.E. fenders. (Toby Henderson Enterprises) I am sure you'll find what you want.

Dan

Very nice ride :D

How do you find the front drum brake?

Have you ever used a front disk brake to compare it too?

I would like to change mine to one of the above so am very interested.

I like the look of your drum however and I have used only caliper brakes myself.

iRide Customs said:
Nice bike! Looks like you spent a healthy chunk-o-change on that one!
actually, I've had the bike for a few years (I had a pair of the hardtails, one for me to pull grandkids in trailer, and one for my daughter) and the full suspension I've had since 2000

the front hub came from the chopper, and the forks came from my full suspension (I used to ride on/off road 200+ miles a week when I was in Niagara Falls, but it's too darn hot to make good use of it here)

everything else, I already had, even the rack came from azvinnie's mom's trike electric setup (it was to carry batteries but we put em in the basket)
I will say again tho, that this bike doesn't vibrate like the chopper and I am more accustomed to its handling too.
I have hopes of reviving the chopper in some form or other in the future, but right now am gonna enjoy this bike and try not to blow anything up !!!

go you good thing said:
Very nice ride :D

How do you find the front drum brake?

Have you ever used a front disk brake to compare it too?

I would like to change mine to one of the above so am very interested.

I like the look of your drum however and I have used only caliper brakes myself.
I like it a lot, It is very predictable and stopped my chopper all by itself (the thing was a tank weighed almost twice as much as the Haro)
it was also very easy to adjust the double brake lever as well, I have the front a little looser than the back too prevent endos (something not posible with chopper)
I have ridden front discs and the drum is a lot less finicky (sp) (disc works well when properly setup, but, is hard to setup, drum has no setup ie:bleeding adjust pads...etc)

Back