Harpz from Dublin, Ireland

Harpz

Local time
8:12 AM
Hi guys,
Fantastic forum. Great information. Am just searching asnd learning at the moment but looking to put a 50cc frame mounted engine on a mountain bike. Looks like i'm gonna get shafted on shipping though. Anyone know any european based suppliers? Anyway I guss i'll get to know you guys better over the next few months.

Welcome to the forum.
There is a vendor in the U.K called Transformer cycles. There is also a number of vendors on Ebay.

BSA

Hi Harpz. Welcome to MBc!
Yes there are quite a few members out of the US I hope many respond to help.

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D}
Here's a great crash course post "link" to get you started.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

Ye I'm in the UK and I ordered my engine from china, shipping was £50 and the kit was £70, in total that is still much cheaper than buying from Transformer Cycles which is based about 90 miles from me. The parts are basically the same, except transformer cycles is a bit better quality. However with the chinese bloke I brought it off of, i get a years warranty and he will supply any parts for free! The prices at Transformer Cycles for parts are ridiculous too! Anyway welcome to MBc, I think your the first person from Ireland on here! Have a look around and your sure to get some great advice. Any questions just ask!
Fastboy

Ye I'm in the UK and I ordered my engine from china, shipping was £50 and the kit was £70, in total that is still much cheaper than buying from Transformer Cycles which is based about 90 miles from me. The parts are basically the same, except transformer cycles is a bit better quality. However with the chinese bloke I brought it off of, i get a years warranty and he will supply any parts for free! The prices at Transformer Cycles for parts are ridiculous too! Anyway welcome to MBc, I think your the first person from Ireland on here! Have a look around and your sure to get some great advice. Any questions just ask!
Fastboy

Yeah that guy Transformer cycles has an "industrial warehouse" but it looks suspiciously like his mothers kitchen with its pink walls.
What chinese bloke did you use. How is your bike running? any problems?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that guy Transformer cycles has an "industrial warehouse" but it looks suspiciously like his mothers kitchen with its pink walls.
What chinese bloke did you use. How is your bike running? any problems?

It is off of eBay heres the link for one at the moment. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-Cycle-Motor...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

The engines are good for their price, BUT unless you have a little bit of mechanical or engineering knowledge then you may struggle, because they are notoriously unreliable. One guy said that these engines will make a mechanic out of anybody! You have to take it easy with them and treat them well and they will last. I would recommend this one but only if you are looking for value, if you have a bit more money available then a Golden Eagle engine (GEBE) they are a sponsor. They are reliable but very expensive.

Plus the chinese bloke has put his prices down a bit too! The only problem I have had is the rear mount snapped, but I did get a bit carried away so was mostly my fault. Dont expect much in quality though! the engines are cast aluminium and are extremely soft.

Hope this helps!
Fastboy

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
hi and welcome, if you connect to golden eagle bike engines and read reviews you will find two countrymen, bill and tel, i think from belfast. their story and pics are great, their bikes act as mules, and yet they travel ireland and france as well. ride on mitch

Back