Has any one purchased......

beachcruiser

Local time
5:55 PM
I am buying an Tanka 40 cc- 2 cycle frition kit from CycleHappy........ is this a good quality motor from them.....will be happy to listen to any opions

I have not dealt with them, but going by their website , all the motors they sell are good quality !

Tanaka motors are bullit proof dont know about the kit though, no experience with that brand.

He appears to be a staton-inc reseller. (and, he appears to be a bit more expensive than buying them directly from dave staton...)

Tanaka 40

I have a Tanaka 40 that i purchased from Gebe with their drive kit the engine is very good i have just over 3/4 gallon through it and it feels very strong, mpg is 112 at present and top speed on my computer shows 42 that may get better or not as it gets run in I see it running slightly rich at present but at least thats on the safe side .
Roy

Service wise, you won't go wrong with that engine, they are little workhorses.
I've heard there are quieter engines in that class, however.

Results From CycleHappy

I waited 10 days and no e-mail from them to telling me the status of my bike motor kit. I finally e-mail them and they replied promptly....advising me that they are a 4-week waiting period for the motor I wanted but told me they would replace it with the Mistibushi kit, for the same price as the other kit or cancell my order. So Iam already out 10days of waiting for just a reply, so I cancelled my order. Since they are a Staton- INC. Reseller. I e-mailed Staton letting them know I wanted their NuVinci Honda GXH50 49.3CC 2.10 hp Four Cycle 350% Engine and pedal shifting kit. No e-mail from them as of yet. I will let you all no the outcome of this motor bike kit outcome.

Staton E-mail Reply

Staton replied to my e- mail request promptly. Offered to build kit over the weekend or order through there site, it would take about a week. I carefully reviewed the NuVinci GXH 50 Kit. Sounds like a great kit. The one problem they don't mention is, other than may need extension bracket. The tilting back of a fourstroke motor. This makes the checking of the oil stick a royal pain and possible oil leakage under the air-filter cover since the motor would not be level. For the price I decided against this great kit., but a 2-stroke it would not matter if it would be tilted back.

Back