Has any one tried the GRUBEE SkyHawk GT5B 69cc Angle Fire Slant Head Bike Motor Kit

The Canadian dist has a contract with Don and can't sell to the U.S. at least that's how it was previously, I can't see them changing it now but who knows LOL more for me though!
I don't mind the 38mm gt5es the don butler has the minerelli... But can't ship to Canada...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220320-191729.png
    Screenshot_20220320-191729.png
    224.7 KB · Views: 132
  • Screenshot_20220320-173146.png
    Screenshot_20220320-173146.png
    193.1 KB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot_20220320-173107.png
    Screenshot_20220320-173107.png
    323.1 KB · Views: 121
It's a shame there isn't more available for the 48cc engines like heads and the better cast cylinders because they ARE great little engines!
I’ve got all the good out of the original cylinder, it turned 8200 rpm the day before I pulled the engine, the cylinder is worn bad. I have a 45mm piston and cylinder that is on the 48cc spacing, I’ve got my degree wheel on the crank and plan to record and try to duplicate the timing.

I machined a 66cc head with a small combustion chamber to use on the 60cc cylinder, I tried the head on my other 48 I have running and it works well.

I don't mind the 38mm gt5es the don butler has the minerelli... But can't ship to Canada...
That's ok because I wouldn't buy a engine built by Don Butler!
Many of the so called engine builders out there have no clue, why would you re port a cylinder that all ready has to aggressive timings and volumes, it's not like you can go backwards and he's proved that he doesn't understand how these work, doesn't understand cycle phases the geometry or even how the a/f enters the case first not over the top of the piston, LOL.
I asked big T why he'd open the port windows to a volume way bigger than the carb or header used and he had no idea, or why there was choke points in his porting and again no idea, so I would not recommend spending the extra money for an engine that will never exceed what a good well setup stock engine can do for far less and be way less finicky.

Nice so while someone was sleeping Canada grabbed up all the best parts... I got to get someone to send me one or two... A little foreign exchange for something California ??

I was going to offer a motor to cover shipping to me... But I found someone I forgot who goes there driving truck from there... Said it's no problem

Back