Has anyone adapted motorcycle wheels onto bicycles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• puchrear.jpg
    puchrear.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 423
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
WOW. I want that. But it almost looks like a 24 inch. Then how fat is teh tire?
The sprocket count I think it's a 48? Then will a 415 chain fit?
Then can I switch the pedal side sprocket to 14?
These are important questions.

You know,that rim would solve Tater's brake problem back when he was looking for brakes for his Schwinn.
Just remove those sprockets,no?
Price is definitely right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool

your front sprocket will probably have to be switched from a 1/8 to a 3/16 (415) just adjust your bicycle side gear ratio there. Cause I do beleive those are both 3/16" sprockets

Or you can adapt the moped chain now that would be one tough setup!

Finding a counter Sahft sprocket could be done at KingBearing here where Im at. I didnt notice the oversized Moped Drive Sprocket I was thinking they were both heavey 415.

WOW. I want that. But it almost looks like a 24 inch. Then how fat is teh tire?
The sprocket count I think it's a 48? Then will a 415 chain fit?
Then can I switch the pedal side sprocket to 14?
These are important questions.

You know,that rim would solve Tater's brake problem back when he was looking for brakes for his Schwinn.
Just remove those sprockets,no?
Price is definitely right.

If I were to get this, I'd ditch the rim and have the hub laced to my Husky rim. I run a 48 tooth now and a 36 front and 19 rear on the pedal side (only to start from a dead stop). It looks about perfect for my purposes. I would love to match a moped front drum to my Husky front rim as well.

I've had great succes installing #10 or #9 gauge spokes in bicycle wheels, yes the hub and rim require drilling, but you can change the lace pattern to help strengthen the hub, pm me if you like and I can help you..... there's also buchaanans in cali, they can sell you spokes of most any size or length, but I would reffer to a pro for the drilling and assembly unless you reeeealy know what your doing.. it can be done with success, so enjoy those high speeds ....
What's the tension on the 10mm width motorcycle spokes to a bicycle rim?

What's the tension on the 10mm width motorcycle spokes to a bicycle rim?
Not sure if you noticed, but the last time somebody posted on this thread was 15 years ago, and that person is no longer a member of this site, or active from what I can tell. This question might be better served with a new post from you in the general discussion section.

I have locked this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back