has anyone checked out the electric section?

split_yer_wig

Local time
12:17 AM
someone there making an e-gebe that looks interesting, that was what made me hold off ordering because i wanted to watch the guys progress and maybe go that route.....what i was wondering was if anyone think a similar rig may work with the dax/titan system? though i prefer the looks of the gebe, and possibly think it may provide more pool, the titan is definitely more inexpensive
can you imagine that e-tek on your gebe and bringing bike in to plug in? and do electric motors require less maintenance?

well.....been looking......i wonder if the briggs/strton etek would be compatable with a gebe or too much power....i would hate to break spokes........also wordering if a bigger engine pully than the one mx is using would make a difference

of course....but im interested in hooking up an electric engine to a gebe and i dont think there is a limit on those......at least not in colorado...........b/s makes an engine on etek that i think would do the job nicely but i wonder if it will break spokes

hey, split'...i'm totally interested and watching, but my gebe/currie hybrid was a novice's lottery ticket, i got lucky.

i'm just too lost to be of any technical help with electrics. if there's some specific mechanical stuff i can help with, lemme know.

ha ha bro......thats where i think i will go wrong is in the electric dept................and i dont understand what elecrical engine would be equivelant to what gas engine...........as far as mechanical...........would you go with a bigger or smaller pully on an electrical engine........i dont want to create too much torque

motor-rating (???) would help determine that...or...the old fashioned way is to go break some stuff and figure it out...keep gearing "lower" (smaller drive-gear) until nothing breaks :p

ok, seriously...what kind of top-speeds are you getting now?

none....i was all set to order a gebe kit, then i saw the guy doing an e-gebe and decided to hold off and see what he is doing since that seems the way to go, i dont like most ebikes, they seem like they would lose effeciency compared to a gebe set up, and i like the idea of the gebe.....and it looks like you can mount any engine you want to it.....which helps because you can customize to your own needs......im just thinking it may be cheaper in the long run and maintenance free to go electric

Back