Has anyone else noticed?

I had noticed that on my Zeda 80 when i got it in May 2020...I just thought it was a Zeda thing to do which i liked that feature, i was always used to having to jocky the motor around a bit to be able to fit the pipe before that...So I guess maybe most of the CG manufacturers are smartening up a bit???...lol.
G4 is what the new ceramic cylinder is what they call it... Is the CDH a G3... Or something else.... And are the port timing the same.... If I was to mix the PK 80 and Zeda triple 40 tops and bottoms?.…. Because I just have to ask?
The Zeda is a little more money for the jugs.... I'm thinking the super PK has the ceramic G4 and the other one CDH has is the other one...

So I've noticed an odd feature on some motors. The angle of the exhaust port is more than others. I seem to only find it on the open port jugs. Anyone else notice this? I never have to mess with the exhaust angle from the jug on these motors.
As long as they angle off to the side where you can hook up an exhaust easy, it doesn't matter. The ones that come straight out puts the exhaust into the frame.

My 3rd question is the intake port is more rectangle also.. should I port match the G2 reed adapter to fit it anyway?

The ones I have look like this
Unfortunately both of those are bad for flow. The exhaust side should flow back toward the intake side, instead of straight out the exhaust port. If it's open or closed is not a big deal, the piston determines how much of the transfer is open when it goes past it. Actually I like the closed transfer better because the rings are supported at all times.

Some of those had 2 base gaskets 39.5mm stroke/40mm same jug....

Unfortunately both of those are bad for flow. The exhaust side should flow back toward the intake side, instead of straight out the exhaust port. If it's open or closed is not a big deal, the piston determines how much of the transfer is open when it goes past it. Actually I like the closed transfer better because the rings are supported at all times.
I prefer the closed as well, but a good deal is a good deal. Lol. The open aren't bad engine, usually run really well. I just like the ring support as well, and they make better power down low, where I like it best.

I've got a few of each motor... And I'm going back and forth over do I get 2 more Zeda triple 40 or the PK 80 super...

I'm wondering how much heat that divider can take... And if it's actually nessary... I see it as an obstacle and I want to rectangle the round exaust port for more flow...
They hold up fine. Idk about a full bore racing engine, but there are dirt bike jugs that are the same way. I think they do that for ring support. If the transfers are closed transfers, then really no need for it. Unless it's actually that wide to need a support collum.

I'm going to go with Zeda triple 40... And a few jugs from the same place... Just for consistency... I want to be able to swap motors around and have everything the same... And not have to modify anything and have slightly different anything to deal with....
This is good to know because the mz65 pipes I have may not fit the better angle flange... That 2° difference...

Back