has anyone else used the Daemon friction drive kit?

dchevygod

Local time
11:33 PM
I got one and bolted up just fine but... as soon as I got it started I could tell the clutch had issues. It had backed off the bell and bent it more than it was when I got it. And yes out of the box the bell was obviously warped. Im just going to get one of the $25-$35 complete housings with a bell and bearing. Cheap fix but blah. Also the motor is way further out than it needs to be. I think even with adding another cover to the motor the redesign should bring it closer to the spindle and mount. The bell that's on it is way to big and it sucks anyway. I guess the bad engineering just forced me to do something I wanted to anyway. The center of ballance is effected noticeably with the motor that far out. Im sure the little im going to pull it closer to the wheel should help tremendously. Any feed back would be appreciated. Thx

I got one and bolted up just fine but... as soon as I got it started I could tell the clutch had issues. It had backed off the bell and bent it more than it was when I got it. And yes out of the box the bell was obviously warped. Im just going to get one of the $25-$35 complete housings with a bell and bearing. Cheap fix but blah. Also the motor is way further out than it needs to be. I think even with adding another cover to the motor the redesign should bring it closer to the spindle and mount. The bell that's on it is way to big and it sucks anyway. I guess the bad engineering just forced me to do something I wanted to anyway. The center of ballance is effected noticeably with the motor that far out. Im sure the little im going to pull it closer to the wheel should help tremendously. Any feed back would be appreciated. Thx

There is a guy on you tube that is having trouble also SAME SELLER .
Right out of the box problem .
I was going to order a motor kit this morning but I couldnt find any contact info like a phone number.
And the emails would not goo through.
So i guess i need to look elsewhere for a 4 stroke motor kit (4 GT BELT ) .

Spooky Tooth is for sale. If you have $70,000 you can own them. I wish they'd stayed in business while they were looking for a buyer but there it is, we have to wait.

well dont count out the kit i got the motor is good

There is a guy on you tube that is having trouble also SAME SELLER .
Right out of the box problem .
I was going to order a motor kit this morning but I couldnt find any contact info like a phone number.
And the emails would not goo through.
So i guess i need to look elsewhere for a 4 stroke motor kit (4 GT BELT ) .
its not the kit as much as 1 flawed clutch or 2 if the other guys problem was the same one.

the first two issues

I snapped the threaded shank off of the spindle the other day. It was its first real ride. $35 later at the machine shop it has been lathed. I have it temporarily fixed I need a special made bolt for it. Or a new spindle and clutch bell. I'm glad I had the machinist remove the spindle cause it was a bear, needed the press. Any body have some unused old staton spindles? I need a few different sizes for testing. Any help on where to find would help THX

support struts

I still need to devise a strut system. Im using a turn buckle and bungy cord right now. I know its cheesy but its functional. I couldn't use the threaded rod that came with the kit because it has disk brakes and the frame is extra wide at the axle. Also the caliper is in the way. I can see that the unused brake brackets do line up perfectly with the center of each bearing and the channel like it was waiting for me to install two long quick realeases and an anchor for each one on the bracket. All ill need is a spring or bungy to hold the spindle above the tire when I need to disengage it.

l.jpg
this is it idk the speed yet tho

thx kansas

I still have to fix the darn thing but the motor is strong. Some inexpensive upgrades are in the future. Im having trouble deciding wether too just buy bmp parts or put some more diy design into it. Just need a drill and tap set, three set screws, and a 3/8" piece of steel rod w/ some flats for the setscrews. My home depot fix only worked for about 3miles. LOL no bobbie only cost $1.50 for the 3/8" threaded rod that was insufficient for the torque and stripped out. The rod needs to be solid and more secure. Either should be just as strong but the clutchbell I have is already warped. I can straighten it some I think.

its back together.

I didn't think that there was enough room inbetween the bell and shoes for a nut on the new axle rod "the same 3/8 threaded rod" from home depot. But as it turns out there is and its working better than ever. I still have an intermittent shake that occurs at all speeds and positions of the throttle. It is concerning because I think its wollering out the bearing's hole in the channel "clutch side". That would mean a new kit altogether and that's not happening!. If in fact it gets bad enough or that's my whole problem the motor is going on my schwinn scooter and the kit is either garbage or ill completely redesign the mount to hold the motor on top "not to the side", run a chain down to a newly replaced spindle w/ 7t sprocket to match cag style 78mm clutch housing 1:1 same as stock config, =better weight distribution and hopefully no more issues because the stock bearings are going to be replaced by some bolt on carrier bearings and presto! I am happy enough with the HT 31cc 4 stroker for it to go on the schwinn but after that I am going to get a Honda 49cc for a frame mount cruiser or newer schwinn occ or wcc chopper style they just look awesome and comfy to ride " The Motobecane is quite stressing on my back and neck because of it being so tall at the seat mount". Maybe some taller bars would help?

Back