Has anyone imported an engine to Canada?

S

Stratocaster

Before I get too excited about all this, I guess I'd better find out if there are any border hassles in buying an engine.

If I got one from eBay, or anyone else - is there any problem getting an engine shipped to Canada?

Thanks.

Masterblaster runs bartertown :eek:

No I do not know of any problems import to canada? I do not see why there would be a problem places sell them in canada. However you might need to pay duty to get it in :D

However I am not a expert on motors being imported/exported but I suspect it would not be a problem. If in doubt call customs :) at least that is what I would do.

re

Guys, I don't know what you're talking about. Bartertown? Master blaster? Is this a Canadian vendor of engines?

It was a reference to Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. Movie with Tina Turner and Mel Gibson :)

There is a vendor for the engine however in Canada that is called Thunder Bay? I think that is what it is.

re

Okay then - can anybody hook me up with a Canadian vendor of these engines?

re

Those Skyhawk guys appear to be out of business - nuts. Invalid email, disconnected phone.

I guess I'll try the BC guy. Thanks for the help.

hi, strato'...i got rid of the duplicate topic. too much clutter.

anyway, homosassa viking (the dude further down on that ebay page) is an MBc member, he seems happy with the product. why don't you hunt him down if you'd like more info?

IMO-the kit looks to be a pretty good collection of components 8)

re

I put the additional post so more people might see it...

I really want to know the brand of his kit, because it makes the most sense for me to get, in cost and hassle.

Back