has anyone mounted a 47cc tanaka???

I did not imply that at all Butch, that is why I did not quote you.
My knees are still bothersome 20+years after the m/c get off.

My next purchase after spokes will be a fiberglass, full face BMX type helmet. Goggles will be used often but not in town that much.
Cheap polycarbonate can react and weaken when painted, so fiberglass it is.. I'm looking at no more than $70 for a good one.

Yes Ol' Pete-- You will be the first to get pictures of my crash. But don't hold your breath because I have never crashed either of my two previous motored bikes--- EVER. I am bike rider first-- and a little common sense goes along way. I will definitely travel at a steady 45 if the conditions support it-- and I think if people are looking for ultra safe travel, they wouldn't be strapping motors on their bicycles or even ride motorcycles for that matter. By the way it would seem you were dead wrong on the main subject of mounting a 47R. Maybe you can redeem yourself by being the first to mount airbags on your handlebars :LOL:

No air bags and no responce to flame bait.

The guy running the 47R in this thread has NOT put that many miles on it and uses a light thumb for application of throttle....after getting the plot rolling. :cool:

I doubt you will find one provider of bicycle tires recommending sustained speeds of 45mph. Hahaha!

I do believe that it was in 1913 that Erwin George "Canon Ball" Baker went from Canada to TJ in 3 days 17 hours on an Indian m/c running cotton ply tires. You can join him in the setting of records. :cool:

Keep us posted about belt life. They are only $25+ship each. You might find a third party source or get a quantity buy discount from GEBE.

Peace :)

I doubt you will find one provider of bicycles recommending a motor kit either. I'm not familiar with this Erwin George "Canon Ball" Baker-- 1913 is a bit before my time, but thanks for the history lesson. Hahaha!

Yep. Mounted & running. The 47 Type R has a lot of power & is a blast to drive. I am running the 13 tooth gear & not getting the most out of my motor yet-- it tends to max out at about 35mph-- high rpm, but is a hell of a hill climber. My 14 tooth gear is in the mail & on the way-- GEBE forgot to include it with my original order & that would be the only thing close to a complaint I have with them-- their service is great & so is their kit. One note on installation-- the black plastic cover won't fit with the 47R and requires some trimming. I may or may not do this-- I think it looks ok without it & plan on paining everything black anyways to match my bike. If you have any other questions fire away & I will post some pics soon. DBR :devilish:

Hi D Bleed R, Old Pete steered me to this thread as I asked some questions about the 47 and the GEBE setup. I am curious as to how yours is doing since it has 6 more months on it. Did it just fit right on or did you have to do much modifying. I am currently running a R/S 35 and its ok but I might want to haul a bit more while hunting. I'm a no speed required peddle to start kind of guy and just want some extra weight pulling power on the hills. This is a great thread and thanks Old Pete for the tip.

Sorry for the slow reply. My kit will be 1 year old this summer. I have ran the tail off that bike without a problem. I even have the same belt. The bike is very loud
(any small creatures run in fear) and very powerful. I kept up with a old 100cc dirt bike off-road. It has awesome hill climbing power and a top speed of 45 or 50 mph. Don't listen to anybody that says it can't be done or sustained, they don't know their bikes. I can't wait for spring.

DBR

mpg TC-47R, Muffler sytem used. ? * ? HOW 2 QUIET THIS MODEL ??

Q1 How many actual miles did you cover, what was you average fuel {Q2}
consumption {& Average speed} w/o any mechanical sympathy?*?
SNPD/edtd; kit will be 1 year old summer 08. ran the tail off that bike, without a problem, have the same belt.
The MOTOR on the bike is very loud (any small creatures run in fear) and very powerful, awesome hill climbing power and a top speed of 45 or 50 mph.
Don't listen to anybody that says it can't be done or sustained, they don't know their bikes. I can't wait for spring.DBR
Q3. Why not using it currently ??
Q4. Are you doing jack-rabbit starts (& while racing off-road etc), or taking it Q5. easy until speed is up, then applying FULL throttle ?*?
Re-iterating prior Qs; !*! Links to Pics!, Can engine mount in ANY position ??

Q8/9. How much weight will it propel up what angle (or % gradient) slope ?*?

Back