Has anyone shipped a motorbike across the country?

unoahguy

Local time
7:35 PM
Hello,
I am trying to sell a Whizzer and someone on the other side of the country is willing to pay for shipping. Have you ever shipped a bike before? What company is best? The costs? etc...

I shipped a velosolex across Canada. I took the bike all apart to get it in the smallest box possible and took it to FedEx. It cost about $130.00 Canadian that was about 5 years ago. I did not tell them it had a gas engine I just said it was a bicycle. I used a big screen tv box to ship it in.

Hello,
I am trying to sell a Whizzer and someone on the other side of the country is willing to pay for shipping. Have you ever shipped a bike before? What company is best? The costs? etc...
I'm not sure how much shipping will cost. But when Whizzer USA shipped their bikes across country All's they did was take the front wheel off and secure the bike to a pallet. The pallet had a 1"x 2" frame work with cardboard sides.
Looks like you got your homework cut out for you to find a shipping company. There are many shipping companies on line with a shipping calculator so ya can find out how much they charge.
Here ya can check with theses guys first https://www.a1autotransport.com/whizzer/

Or ya can tell the buyer in order for you to keep shipping costs low your gonna have to take the bike all apart and put it in a few Boxes. That's how Cruzzer Motorbike ships their M/B
Cruzzer M/B comes shipped to your door in 4 Boxes.

With the handlebars, pedals and wheels off a bike can me made to fit in a pretty small box.

I see a lot of ads on FB marketplace for bikes with $12 shipping. How they do that I have no idea.

How much did that set you back?
How far do ya want to ship the bike, From where to where? Zip codes or cities
We know the Whizzer weighs 100 lbs and it's the size of a mens 26" beach cruiser bicycle.

Maybe a few members would like to look up a shipper for you

Last edited:
Back