Has anyone tried to put a 212cc engine on a Grubee Skyhawk frame.. or any frame, really?

MikeyXZ

Local time
3:52 AM
I recently came across a used Skyhawk GTS frame and would like to build it up with a 4 stroke 212cc engine, but when I look at other build photos online (Even though I havent been able to find many) It looks like a very! tight fit on most frames. Was hoping that someone else has done this before so I can go into it kind of knowing what to expect. If not, I'll try to keep this updated on what I come across. My funds are limited though, so it may take me a while to do things.

a 212 does not fit in a skyhawk frame

it will fit in some felt framed and most lowrider frames

does anyone know of a specific low rider frame that has worked well with this engine in the past for anyone?

does anyone know of a specific low rider frame that has worked well with this engine in the past for anyone?
Can't say I've seen any 212s in a lowrider on the forum but I also don't like lowriders...

It's a heavy sorta motor but if it's a strong steel frame then it should work with proper mounting techniques..

a 212 does not fit in a skyhawk frame

it will fit in some felt framed and most lowrider frames
Since when? lots of people have 212's in skyhawk frames and its not hard to do!there are both horizontal and vertical mounts.

Attachments

• 212 predator in tank frame.jpg
    212 predator in tank frame.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,081
  • felt-slater-gc160_06.jpg
    felt-slater-gc160_06.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 1,419
that second one is a felt, which I said it does fit in. it doesn't clear the petcock in the first frame, notice that there's no petcock installed

Back