Has anyone tried to register as a Moped

Awesome!!

Hey russ22k, could you edit your "User CP" to show your location?? It really does help us out on so many different levels.

russ22k - Just wondering how you set up your brake light. I'm in the process of doing the same things to mine (now that I'm past the registration and insurance hurdles) and need to come up with a momentary switch for the brakes. I'd love to see pics of yours and have suggestions.

Thanks!

Brake light

You Bet, I've used a "Bikers Choice" custom brake light switch, and hooked it up to the rear brake caliper. It works great! I use an LED Brake/tailight, really bright! I'll see if I can post some photos of the setup. I bought an LED license plate light off ebay. I used a project box from Radio Shack to house all the electronics. I use the brakelight switch to trigger a relay, probably overkill as the LED brakelight probably doesn't draw that much juice. I power the whole thing with a battery pack of 10 D cell nicklemetalhydride batteries, which will run for 1 or 2 weeks depending on how much I use the high beam headlight. :D
Russ

Thanks for the info Russ! I'm really trying to make this thing legimately legal if I can (except for the 80+/- cc...grin). It draws lots of attention, and when it's coming fro the authorities I want to be ready!

Brake light

OK, I posted some photos of my bike in my profile. Hope this helps.
Russ

This is very helpful - Thanks! Just curious, what kind of bike is this? Your fenders are very similar to mine. Thanks for the help!

bike

It's a "Della Cruiser" it's a inexpensive asian bike I bought from GI Joes.

As the Moderator points out, PA law classifies a gas engine powered bicycle as a MOPED, and as such, PA law requires that an "Automatic Transmission" be used. Gear and chain drive configurations are not legal. If anyone has found a source for a suitable automatic transmission for a motorized bicycle, I sure would like to hear about it.
Good luck!
REOALEXKING

Back