Has anyone tried to register as a Moped

If it doesn't have pedals, then it's a scooter. MOtorcycle-PEDal bicycle = MOPED.

M/Bs are not even recognized in BC as a vehicle let alone be registered. I looked it up and found nothing so I called and still got nothing.

Whatever the legality of it is, I'm RIDING!

No, I am not convinced at all that registration is not needed in PA, that is the problem, I get one story from PennDOT, one from the cops, one from the internet, one from members that say they registered in PA when I have asked 3 different tag and title places and they don't have a clue how to do it, e bikes are federal now and legal to ride on public roads and in a gray area between moped and bicycle in PA act 154, no mention of gas powered in PA act154 or the federal statues, both gas and electric bikes have pedals but modern mopeds do not have pedals so technically a bike with a jet engine on it from a Lear jet is still not a moped but a motorized bicycle because mopeds Don,t have pedals anymore, look one up online, mopeds can no longer be propelled by Human power, only engines, electric or gas, motorized bicycles can do either, just another example of how screwed up governments are, last thing I need is a cowboy cop giving me a hard time, there are many good cops out there and a few that are cops for the power, some that are just uninformed but mean well, mike
I think you should just ride your M/B and have fun. Obey all traffic rules of course. You do have a Drivers License right.
If ya ever do get stopped by the Cops tell em you tried several times to register your bike and the reasons ya couldn't.
The worst that might happen is a warning and instructions how to register your bike.

I've been riding My 138cc Whizzer M/B in CA. for 15 years and I've never been stopped and checked to see if I have a license or reg.
My normal cruising speeds are 40 to 50 MPH and I have a M-1 D/L

You are right wrench, Good advice, probably very few cops out there that would know how to register one if any, I have driver and motorcycle license, had some big motorcycles in the p
I think you should just ride your M/B and have fun. Obey all traffic rules of course. You do have a Drivers License right.
If ya ever do get stopped by the Cops tell em you tried several times to register your bike and the reasons ya couldn't.
The worst that might happen is a warning and instructions how to register your bike.

I've been riding My 138cc Whizzer M/B in CA. for 15 years and I've never been stopped and checked to see if I have a license or reg.
My normal cruising speeds are 40 to 50 MPH and I have a M-1 D/L

Thanks Wrench, good advice ,I will just keep a copy of the emails to PennDOT on bike, they are calling scooters with 50cc engines mopeds on the net, must loophole in the law ,They haven't had pedals in years, I have had drivers license and motorcycle stamp for years, had some big motorcycles, just wanted to try something different, made drive for 2 bikes in my small Machine shop, mike

Back