Has anyone tried using safety torx fasteners on bike engines?

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
12:22 PM
So improving safety of your ride if you're in town or at the store or in the hood sounds desirable. My question is has anyone used safety torx bolts on their bike engine? I know you can get a cdi that needs a key and use bike locks, but if someone was messing with your engine they would only need some spare allen keys or a flathead. Sound like a good idea anyone?

not sure why someone would mess with an engine when they can put whole bike under their arm and walk away

hell, I've had three customers now that were bike-jacked at gunpoint

I agree with crassius.

It is silly to try to lock down individual parts like the motor when the whole bike can just be lifted and walked away with. Then they can do whatever they want in the privacy of their own home. If you live in an area where vandalism is a problem your best bet is likely a heavy duty U lock through the frame and one tire...they can still jack your seat (this was very common when I lived in long island more as a joke or to be a PITA) or the opposite wheel, but at least its better than a bike chain that can be cut with a $20 bolt cutter.

Bike chains are useless and can easily and quickly be cut with a bolt cutter, hacksaw blade, etc. At least a metal U lock will take long enough to be suspicious.

Back