Carby has anyone tryed puting a walbro carb on an GRUBEE SkyHawk GT5 66cc/80cc

dchevygod,

Can you send a pic of your throttle linkage? I'm going to need to figure out something. I have an idea but wouldn't mind seeing what others have done.

You have been a tremendous help. Thanks!

I'm afraid my setup will not be of any help. My engine is completely different from a CG engine. The throttle bracket bolts to the engine. You can see part of it in the pics above.

This is just one of the reasons I want to possibly go to 4 stroke, the cc doesn't particularly matter and the fact that it's a 4 stroke doesn't mean much either.

What transmission are you using? I notice your engine is running right side drive..
Oh interesting you are using a 2 stroke rc engine, I thought about a 2 stroke double cylinder rc aircraft motor as a bike engine, you also have that trans that reverses the direction of the output gear, another good example, cool motor by the way.

So not a 4 stroke, but again the transmission makes it extremely tempting.

Oh interesting you are using a 2 stroke rc engine, I thought about a 2 stroke double cylinder rc aircraft motor as a bike engine, you also have that trans that reverses the direction of the output gear, another good example, cool motor by the way.

So not a 4 stroke, but again the transmission makes it extremely tempting.

I couldn't reduce the final drive far enough without THE 5:1 trans! A 4 stroke can make decent torque but cannot rev near the same rpm I achieve. The gearing can be suited to it. But I prefer a high revving 2 stroke with a pipe!

This is the newer large bore GoPed engine "yes it's designed off the small bore RC motor". 46cc 11,000 rpm @4.2 hp rated! Thank you Frankie! If the dual motor were more affordable I'd have one in the fleet. I just have the one bike right now and 3 Gopeds! Spare parts, project engines, etc... It's an addiction!

This is the newer large bore GoPed engine "yes it's designed off the small bore RC motor". 46cc 11,000 rpm @4.2 hp rated! Thank you Frankie! If the dual motor were more affordable I'd have one in the fleet. I just have the one bike right now and 3 Gopeds! Spare parts, project engines, etc... It's an addiction!
The issue is the cylinders on the double face away from eachother, opposite sides of the block, not a v, not side by side, just one really long engine, bicycles don't have too much room to start with...

Back