Has this happend to anyone else??

Matt81

Local time
12:41 AM
So i did some research on a engine kit before I found what I wanted. Mostly because there were a lot of upgrading capability. So a few days ago asked if I had figured out what I had decided. I told and she said ok do you want me to order. Sure I said, a few minutes go by and I get a message. "Hey they have the kit on amazon and it's 10 bucks cheaper" I told her it has to be this exact one I don't want to get the wrong one. Well I ended up with not a zeda. I don't even know if it's actually a 66cc or not. No I didn't send it back, I needed to get it up and running asap. Would it be worth trying to upgrade this motor is should I just use it and buy another motor??

Distance between the center the intake studs. If it's the same as the zeda, anything you get for this engine could go on a zeda if/when you eventually get one. What and why are you trying to upgrade? Mo powa? $ burning a hole in your pocket? The need to feel cool due to a low self esteem? Whatever you do you'll likely have to rejet.

Inch and 3/4 between studs center to center. I like to upgrade things. Make the most out of something. Plus it's fun and I've got a job that can support all my projects.

Inch and 3/4 between studs center to center. I like to upgrade things. Make the most out of something. Plus it's fun and I've got a job that can support all my projects.
Your English measurements are worthless when it comes to these Chinese engines. Im betting its 40mm. I'd go through the regular paces of recieving a new engine like cleaning up the casting, matching the gaskets, adjusting the clutch, lubing the output shaft and clutch gear. Set the squish, maybe check the crank balance and slip fit the crank. After all that take her out for a rip and see how the jetting feels. After that's good, ride for a few tanks and see if you need more. If you do there are pipes and reed valves.

So i did some research on a engine kit before I found what I wanted. Mostly because there were a lot of upgrading capability. So a few days ago asked if I had figured out what I had decided. I told and she said ok do you want me to order. Sure I said, a few minutes go by and I get a message. "Hey they have the kit on amazon and it's 10 bucks cheaper" I told her it has to be this exact one I don't want to get the wrong one. Well I ended up with not a zeda. I don't even know if it's actually a 66cc or not. No I didn't send it back, I needed to get it up and running asap. Would it be worth trying to upgrade this motor is should I just use it and buy another motor??
In years past all we got was some ??? 80cc motors, not many had a brand. We would go through them and clean off any bits of mis-cast metal and make them work. A few of the early ones I did are still motoring around 7-8 years later.

Just pull the head and check the ports and file off anything that protrudes plus bevel the edges of the ports, you'll end up with a good running bike. From there you can look into more power upgrades.

Thank you, appreciate the helpful tips.
Fingers crossed I can at least get 170 worth of fun out of it.

Back