has this happend to you

my brother and i went riding yesterday (he has a dax 70/80 hes not into the forum hed rather me do all the work for him) but we were cruising at about 30 and i look back to see him staring at something i turned around and when i got there i realized his engine fell out!!! the head of the mount bolt that went thru the frame sheared clean off. it was bent at about a 45 degree angle, the chain was bent and stuck behind the drive sprocket i had to pull the sprocket off the case. the hard part was getting the rest of the mount bolt out becuz it was just the head that came off i coulnt pull the engine up cuz it didnt have enough clearence so a had to cut it with a dremel and it came out. but i was just wondering if any one else has had that problem
I think a notable clue is the 45 degree angle of the sheared off bolt especially if you mean it was the single bolt from the front engine mount that you drilled a hole in the downtube to fasten ... I have a post in tech help titled "through bolt tips n cautions ... over tight chain tension and the engine trying to fight the pull when the front is fastened with a thru bolt and rubber dampening materials could be the problem, not loose hardware ..

Back