Hate To Sand?

FrizzleFried

Local time
3:10 AM
Are you like me... do you HATE to sand? I mean really hate it?

I've been restoring arcade machines for years now... and the worst part of the restore has ALWAYS been the sanding. Damn, I hate sanding...

... so when I made the decision to re-coat the Hyper frame for my "newer" project... I decided to call around to see what it would cost to have the frame and forks powder coated.

I called 3 places. Two places returned my call. One place never did and was eliminated from contention. The first place I called quoted $100. The second place I called quoted $200. I'm taking the frame and forks to the first place I called today.

The #1 benefit (in my eyes) of passing this off to the powder-coaters is that I don't gotta do SQUAT to the frame in prep other than disassemble completely and remove the stickers...

I can justify not doing it myself because ... well ... I don't know how to powder coat and I am sure I don't have the right equipment! I can't say that about paint.

:D

Anyways... a nicely powder-coated frame should look nice... and the finish should be quite a bit stronger than paint ever would.

I've never had a powder-coated frame...only rims for my old sand-rail.

Oh... and Hyper Bicycle Company... man, you are pretty damn proud of your name, huh? There are no less than 8 locations where "HYPER" or "HYPER BIKE COMPANY" is stuck on the stock bike... 7 on the frame/forks and one on the chain guard. Sheesh...

Oh... and Hyper Bicycle Company... man, you are pretty damn proud of your name, huh? There are no less than 8 locations where "HYPER" or "HYPER BIKE COMPANY" is stuck on the stock bike... 7 on the frame/forks and one on the chain guard. Sheesh...
These two guys that started Hyper are very proud, they used to be BMX racers and wanted to make their bikes to those kind of standards.

sandblasting.jpg

Back