hating huashengs highly!!!

The cam gear is fun to get to. You have to completely dissasemble both sides of the bottom end.

no you dont. output shaft side only, about 6 bolts, off comes the cover, theres the plastic cam/gear.

very clever using only one cam, except it prevents you making too many mods to the cam profile...

anyways. i got it in pieces. ive MADE engines, and i still cant see anything apparently wrong.... im not letting this thing beat me!

i guess its 8 AM so i might spend the day putting it back together again now...

i still have that sneaking suspicion its the coil. maybe i should try one off of the chainsaw or something... i havent yet cus id have to machine it to the same radius as the HS flywheel....lazy :)

I did read, somewhere, that a guy had a sick running HS142F (the only other one I have heard of). His flywheel had slipped, changing the ignition timing, and making the engine run sick.

Mike

That would be me and what happened was that the cheap metal in the shaft key sheared letting the flywheel rotate enough to change the ignition timing.

So did you check that yet? It's pretty easy if you have a puller. I used a steering wheel puller to get the flywheel off.

engine

HI is it the one with the clutch on board, or the keyed shaft sticking out, and how much for it?

MIke

i had slight problems with the dissappearance of my puller.
which having just found again...

now the trick is to find some suitable bolts as well, lol.

i shall update tomozza :)

nothing.
completely stripped and cleaned, oiled, awaiting gasket goo now.

the key was fine, that flywheel sure was on tight...

rings fine, some discoloration on the xhaust valve seat, nothing dramatic.

i stand by my decision that it has to be the coil....

wellllll.... its just outside my door, running again...

so... i dont know!!!!!!! >stupid<

wont run with choke right off. or on. halfway, with the lever pointing straight back is fine... revs out if i open throttle, then slowly open choke to 1/4 from fully off. dies when i back of.

everything says its the carb.... yet a completely different one was no worse? or better?

sigh...do i really have to drill the jet? i dont wanna!
spose i have to... i do miss the 4 stroker... :rolleyes:

Back