Hausheng 53 cc engines

mark f. cheney

Local time
9:44 PM
Gentlemen,

I finally have one of my new Hausheng motors mounted on the bench and running. I am delighted with these motors. Thank you to this forum and all of you who have posted any and all Hausheng motors technical comments. I appreciate you all, and am indebted to you for your combined wisdom, I think that they are a great value in spite of the minor tweaking that is sometimes required.

Mark F. Cheney

Never seen a 53cc HS 4stroke, any pics? Whats the hp output?

They look like 49 CC Hausheng engines. They have a larger piston for the extra CCs. Hausheng co. rates them higher than the 49 CC motors. They turn the same RPMs as the 49 CC motors. It looks like the carburetor is a 142F carburetor. I don't know about the main jet size. They run great. Mine are the ones with the tapered crank with a clutch attached. I wanted the clutch. I am mounting a drum and 5/8" shaft that has a 6J micro groove pulley on it. I am using the 6J belt for a reduction RPM on the assy. for my mini long shaft layout boat motors. I am turning a 6 X 4 prop to start with. That is the recommendation of my prop engineer. Hausheng rates their motors in Kw. I don't know how to translate this to HP. My 53 CC motors have an extra .3 Kw over the 49 cc motors.

Mark F. Cheney

I hadn't planned on selling them. I bought them for my own manufacturing business. Is there a market for them? I'll work on a picture of them with the clutch housing and shaft installed.

Mark F. Cheney

Hausheng rates their motors in Kw. I don't know how to translate this to HP

1 HP = between 745 and 746 watts
1 KW = about 1.341 HP

If your 53CC is rated at 1.5 KW, that's 2.0115 HP. The 49CC makes roughly the same power. The extra displacement appears to be mostly offset by the requirements for the generator.

does it have bigger valves than the 49 cc is my question, and also remember to set your valves (i set mine: inlet 4 thou and exhaust 6 thou) because they vary from the Hausheng factory (for the 49cc anyway i figure they would have the same head) and also look out for consistent high rpm (or any really high rpm) if the engine is anything like the 49cc the connecting rod will most likely fail before anything else other than that mine has been reliable and i only ever hear good things from people about them

Buy it now price is 120$ plus you get a gen set. I'm not in the market for another motor but if I were that would be it. Have to figure out how to apply it with that straight shaft though.

We are currently testing the motors with the Q-Matic drive system.

The crankshaft is a weird size and is tapered at the end. This arrangement makes it difficult to make an adapter to convert to the 5/8" shaft.

You also need to purchase a regulator and bridge rectifier to make the charging system work.

Have fun,

Back