Hausheng 53 cc engines

change from tapper shaft to 5/8 haft

Buy it now price is 120$ plus you get a gen set. I'm not in the market for another motor but if I were that would be it. Have to figure out how to apply it with that straight shaft though.

I bought a straight 5/8 shaft from Bicycle-Engines.com and replace with the tapper shaft and mount on a EZ matic trans.

biker76,

Is the straight 5/8" shaft for the 49cc engine? How long have you been running the straight 5/8" shaft? I have 2 of those engines and would like the possibility to convert both to straight 5/8" shafts.

Thanks,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

tapper shaft to 5/8 straight shaft

biker76,

Is the straight 5/8" shaft for the 49cc engine? How long have you been running the straight 5/8" shaft? I have 2 of those engines and would like the possibility to convert both to straight 5/8" shafts.

Thanks,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Yes 5/8" shaft from 49cc engine, I been running on the straight shaft for about 2 months now.

We are currently shipping the Q-Matic drive for the HS motors with the short & long tapered shaft.

The short tapered shaft motor requires a crankshaft extension adapter and additional bearing for support, whereas the long sahft version only needs a shaft adapter.

Have fun,

I bought one of these, and I can't get the cdi to fire. The diagram for it is pretty straight foreward, the wires from the stator and the wires from the cdi box are color matched, so it's pretty hard to mess it up. But I have nothing happening. I checked continuity across both stator windings, they are a couple of ohms each, which seems about right. But when I test it, by driving the engine with my drill, with the spark plug removed (I made a grounding wire for the spark plug, with aligator clips on the ends, so the ground is good, I clip it to the threads on the spark plug, and the other end to the block), I get nothing from the charge output wires, both for a/c between the two, and with those connected to a rectifier, and from the rectifier to ground for d/c. I get 2.5v a/c out of the "ignition" coil, which I believe is also known as the "pulser" coil. That doesn't seem like nearly enough.
hua.jpg

IgnitionAC_CDI.jpg

I don't suppose anyone could give me the readings from one of these that works?

I managed to figure that out, ground the green ones, by studying the diagrams for GY8 scooters, finally. I have another issue that maybe I can get some help with, I need a fuel pump, my tank sits lower than my carb. I know that there is a diaphram fuel pump for the Honda GX50, and these Huasheng motors are clones thereof. Does anyone know if it's possible to mount that Honda pump on these Huasheng engines, and were they go, exactly?

I have the parts list from Honda for the GXH50, and they list the fuel pump under "other parts", but they don't seem to show where it goes.

http://www.2lcstore.com/catalog/item/5627332/6987893.htm

Last edited:
I happen to have a carb that looks just like that, with a 15mm bore. I know mine has an integrated fuel pump that is dependant on a "pusle" that comes from the crankcase of the 2 stroke engine, by way of a port underneath the intake port. It appears as a tiny hole. Unfortunately, the one shown on that site is facing the wrong way to see if that is there or not. Is this something that is remedied by the adaptor they sell? In that case, that would be all I need. Or is there such thing as a rotary carb that doesn't need that pulse to drive an internal fuel pump? But if this carb doesn't do that, then how can it work? Maybe I'll just have to get that adaptor, and see, since I don't see how it could be otherwise.

Well, there is no "order now" button attached to either the carb or the adaptor kit, I assume that means that they don't have any in stock. SOL, I guess. Too bad.

Last edited:
Back