Have you mounted two engines on one bike?

aquielisunari

Local time
9:07 PM
Zedo Motorsports. The owner seems alike a cocky (censored) and it's only a teaser trailer but it seems like it could be problematic or very very fun.

Attachments

• Dual.png
    Dual.png
    639.9 KB · Views: 374
He is currently using two of his 8hp case reed "TQ Monster" engines for ~16hp with a centri jackshaft clutch for testing but will likely be moving to 10-11hp Franks.

Personally I would do dual 13-14hp AM6 watercooled motors with an electric pump series cooling system but would not use that frame.

That's not how this work's it's not 16hp and that s**t will rip it's self apart in no time watch! If you look at say a 125cc single making 32-34 hp on average then look at a 250 twin made with two of the same 125 cylinder's they will only make around 40 hp when coupled properly on the same crank,put a twin engine kart on the dyno vs a single does it make twice the hp or go twice as fast NO don't be fooled by his total bs!

looks like he added 1/4 plate to it.

the things I see wrong with it is the carb angle, the clutch will engage too early unless he has some sort of aftermarket spring on to it.
and the owner is a dickhead.

but it does look cool!

That's not how this work's it's not 16hp and that sh*t will rip it's self apart in no time watch! If you look at say a 125cc single making 32-34 hp on average then look at a 250 twin made with two of the same 125 cylinder's they will only make around 40 hp when coupled properly on the same crank,put a twin engine kart on the dyno vs a single does it make twice the hp or go twice as fast NO don't be fooled by his total bs!
Thats what the "~" is for, "about".

I know you hate anything to do with Rob (yes, he is a dick) but no need to pounce on every project he starts. This is a mockup/prototype. If you look, the second engine doesn't even have a throttle cable. He also is not going to use that cheap plate, nor those cheap low speed wheel barrow bearings(I blew one of those second trip out on my big bore). It is a proof of concept for the mounts, jackshaft centri, and engine config before he makes a custom mounting plate setup.

This is why I do not post any of my progress pics on this site. Nobody can understand when something is a work in progress or prototype. He got the same flak when he started the Franks...then with the AM6s...with the dual motor setup...and I'm sure people are complaining about his 110cc's being tested now too.

I don't think its a bad thing to try new projects. Some people are happy with $700 6hp motors from Arrow, others want more.

Thats what the "~" is for, "about".

I know you hate anything to do with Rob (yes, he is a dick) but no need to pounce on every project he starts. This is a mockup/prototype. If you look, the second engine doesn't even have a throttle cable. He also is not going to use that cheap plate, nor those cheap low speed wheel barrow bearings(I blew one of those second trip out on my big bore). It is a proof of concept for the mounts, jackshaft centri, and engine config before he makes a custom mounting plate setup.

This is why I do not post any of my progress pics on this site. Nobody can understand when something is a work in progress or prototype. He got the same flak when he started the Franks...then with the AM6s...with the dual motor setup...and I'm sure people are complaining about his 110cc's being tested now too.

I don't think its a bad thing to try new projects. Some people are happy with $700 6hp motors from Arrow, others want more.
I don't even care that it's Rob's my response would be the same,the reason people that know and have seen/had these experiences all ready speak up is to help others to see the facts.This like most every thing has been done countless times over decades of 2 stroke use and this particular setup will rip it's self apart Fact! We've still yet to see a frank/saw jug go over 64 and china girls have been doing that since what 2010 LOL,The am6 was not Robert's it's Ryan's and still a waste of money imo when a ktm 65 in a cranbrook smokes it with only 15-16 hp and he's claims what? Did you see the engine Gidoux showed of Robert's work,am6 that would have never worked right and 1k us LOL dude you've alot to learn!

This is the most common thing guy's end up with when it comes to frank's,good luck tuning that it's garbage!

I don't even care that it's Rob's my response would be the same,the reason people that know and have seen/had these experiences all ready speak up is to help others to see the facts.This like most every thing has been done countless times over decades of 2 stroke use and this particular setup will rip it's self apart Fact! We've still yet to see a frank/saw jug go over 64 and china girls have been doing that since what 2010 LOL,The am6 was not Robert's it's Ryan's and still a waste of money imo when a ktm 65 in a cranbrook smokes it with only 15-16 hp and he's claims what? Did you see the engine Gidoux showed of Robert's work,am6 that would have never worked right and 1k us LOL dude you've alot to learn!
No Frank over 64mph? You are months and months(if not a year) behind. A basic mini frank with 11/36 will do 65+mph. As for the AM6, a KTM65 is $400+ more and is much heavier than an AM6. $400 is no drop in the bucket.

Seems like you have a lot to learn, not me. Its not 2010 anymore.

No Frank over 64mph? You are months and months(if not a year) behind. A basic mini frank with 11/36 will do 65+mph. As for the AM6, a KTM65 is $400+ more and is much heavier than an AM6. $400 is no drop in the bucket.

Seems like you have a lot to learn, not me. Its not 2010 anymore.
There has been no real proof of anyone going faster than 64 on a frank/saw jug Fact! The am6 was sold for 1k not no $400,neither Ryan's or Ethan's am6 has gone over that ether and they have a better clue than Rob I'll give them that, and a much better setup! Rob's claims are bs and this is what you fan boys never learn!

Back