Head Advice Please?

Can you explain further? Are you saying the clone carbs have a auto choke release? That would be handy. Do those take the same jets as the NT carb?
Yes on the auto release, and yes on the NT jets. The choke releases when you crack it open to full throttle.

I was told this head I was going to buy is junk from a member who seems to be very well informed so fortunately I was to

Well at least it has that going for it, I do find it a pain to reach down and adjust my choke while riding.
I ran the head you purchased for a long time. It performs well, and I never had a prob. with it. The only reason I changed it was because I liked the way the larger heads looked, and the added cooling.
Truly though there were never any heating issues with the flat head. I will almost bet you the member who is knocking this head has never even used it himself. If you total the surface area of the fin rings going around it it's surface area will be very close to the same as the stock head, but then when you ad in the solid 3/4" of alum. acting as a heat sink it's clearly superior to stock heads. It will never warp, and will hold it's torque.

I ran the head you purchased for a long time. It performs well, and I never had a prob. with it. The only reason I changed it was because I liked the way the larger heads looked, and the added cooling.
Truly though there were never any heating issues with the flat head. I will almost bet you the member who is knocking this head has never even used it himself. If you total the surface area of the fin rings going around it it's surface area will be very close to the same as the stock head, but then when you ad in the solid 3/4" of alum. acting as a heat sink it's clearly superior to stock heads. It will never warp, and will hold it's torque.
It was me and I said the pipe he was looking at is crap and that the head didnt have the surface area compared to the diamond head for witch IMO I said is the best all around having a good chamber design and ample cooling area and will never warp!

It was me and I said the pipe he was looking at is crap and that the head didnt have the surface area compared to the diamond head for witch IMO I said is the best all around having a good chamber design and ample cooling area and will never warp!
Sorry Bro I couldn't find any mention of what he was saying in this thread so I threw in my 2 cents. This is why the girls won't dance with me. They say I make their toes hurt. Is the diamond head one of mz's products? I haven't checked it out yet.

Sorry Bro I couldn't find any mention of what he was saying in this thread so I threw in my 2 cents. This is why the girls won't dance with me. They say I make their toes hurt. Is the diamond head one of mz's products? I haven't checked it out yet.
Yes it's a copy of jake's diamond head from MZ well priced and well worth it IMO! It's all good!

The question was on a earleir thread in witch I had replied to the poster the thread was
Are these actual upgrade parts??

The question was on a earleir thread in witch I had replied to the poster the thread was
Are these actual upgrade parts??
I was just looking at mz's items for sell. They are selling a bottom end listed as bottom end with zl crank. In the description they are saying it has bigger bearings. Thought you might be interested.

I was just looking at mz's items for sell. They are selling a bottom end listed as bottom end with zl crank. In the description they are saying it has bigger bearings. Thought you might be interested.
Yes I have seen that but its a rat engine that uses the intragrated cdi and it's no good after 8000-9000 rpm!Thanks for the thought bro!Sorry not a rat a mouse engine!

Gary, the flat head you have pictured is the RSE or similar, but the blue flat head is the Chinese one with similar aesthetics but a different shape, different (less) fin surface area, a smaller than stock plug hole (comes with a tiny plug), and a strange conical combustion chamber. I haven't checked the volume but it appears small.
That could actually be fun for experimenting with changing the chamber volume/shape, it is thicker than stock, but I only got one because it saved the cost of shipping a B.M.W. head from USA to UK and no one told me about combustion chamber shape/plug hole!

Back