Head Advice Please?

View attachment 76925 So my current plan is to await for the mediocre carb to arrive, hope the jet is smaller then the #70 that is in my stock carb and the bogging problem is fixed. Let me ask, if I get the head in the attached pic will I need to buy anything different then what I currently have (the s**tty muffler & mediocre carb) or can everything just get along and be happy??
Thats a nice head ample cooling decent camber design and alot of meat for working the chamber and decking if needed for future performance gains!The carb will most likely be jetted the same as your stock one but can still work fine when jetted properly!The pipe will work better when your jetting is right,Because the pipe was designed for top rpm gain you have to get to that rpm to see how it actually works and with that one all it does is help get the engine to clean up in the top end there is no real hit or torque gain.

We have a winner.
20170524_224945.jpg

View attachment 76925 So my current plan is to await for the mediocre carb to arrive, hope the jet is smaller then the #70 that is in my stock carb and the bogging problem is fixed. Let me ask, if I get the head in the attached pic will I need to buy anything different then what I currently have (the s**tty muffler & mediocre carb) or can everything just get along and be happy??
Like the head. I'm running it on 2 of my bikes.View media item 60094View media item 59990

Ok I just ordered the 5mm 66-70 set of Jets off of Amazon, should arrive in about a week. So to recap I have a s**tty pipe, a mediocre carb, an above average spark plug and I'll be ordering a head soon..... any other suggestions?

Oh I have an option between these 2 heads? I know the one I mentioned above has pretty good reviews in this thread, how about this other head? Has anyone seen this in action?? What one would you guys go with?

Attachments

• IMG_0538.PNG
    IMG_0538.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0539.PNG
    IMG_0539.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0540.PNG
    IMG_0540.PNG
    722.2 KB · Views: 100
Or the one I mentioned above but in blue?? It looks like the same but simply a different color. What would you guys go with? Square or Circle?

Attachments

• IMG_0541.PNG
    IMG_0541.PNG
    830.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0542.PNG
    IMG_0542.PNG
    886.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0543.PNG
    IMG_0543.PNG
    869.8 KB · Views: 95
Oh I have an option between these 2 heads? I know the one I mentioned above has pretty good reviews in this thread, how about this other head? Has anyone seen this in action?? What one would you guys go with?
I like the round head. Mostly because I'm familiar with it. The chambers look the same, but you can't tell without having it in your hand.

Round because it seems familiar, stop worrying about the carb it's a just fine one. Works fine, my friend with the fat bike can pull 45-50 with it (not even the highest gear) is currently using a Dellorto clone. Don't get too hooked up on it.

Back