Head gaskets

DieselTech

Local time
8:58 AM
Does anyone know where I can source some .036"-.040" thick head gaskets or .9mm-1.0mm head gaskets?

Make your own. I know the bgf 8mm head gasket can be taken apart to make two very thin copper gaskets. I want to say they are around 1mm. The gasket is 8mm copper, with a leather spacer. Tear them apart and cut the ring off the one side and it makes two head gaskets. So you get like 8 copper head gaskets for like 12 bucks.

On flat top pistons the top of the piston can be shaved off to make it even with the cyl deck

Thanks Wrench, no I'm running a domed piston, & if I could find a .040" head gasket my squish would be perfect. Sometime I need to B.S. with you about a whizzer, I should of just bought a whizzer with all the money I spent on my 4 stroke bike.

Thanks Wrench, no I'm running a domed piston, & if I could find a .040" head gasket my squish would be perfect. Sometime I need to B.S. with you about a whizzer, I should of just bought a whizzer with all the money I spent on my 4 stroke bike.
You need to talk to @CrazyDan about 4 strokes, his little 49 does pretty good.

Back