Head torque

Carcher

Local time
5:35 PM
How many inch pounds is needed to secure the head? Can I just guess it and get by? Any Senior help

In all honesty I don't think 4 or 5 steps is necessary... I do mine in 2 or 3. With high torque head bolts/studs yes that makes sense. 12 ft/lbs is hardly high torque. Strut mount bolts are tigher than these head bolts

In all honesty I don't think 4 or 5 steps is necessary... I do mine in 2 or 3. With high torque head bolts/studs yes that makes sense. 12 ft/lbs is hardly high torque. Strut mount bolts are tigher than these head bolts
The reason why Axl Myk is doing it in that many steps is because of the cheap Chinesium aluminum threads and threading we have to work with...One wrong move and it's stripped...Thats why incremental steps really should be used in this instance...Just look at how many times in the forums that people report they have stripped these studs and threads on these.

The reason why Axl Myk is doing it in that many steps is because of the cheap Chinesium aluminum threads and threading we have to work with...One wrong move and it's stripped...Thats why incremental steps really should be used in this instance...Just look at how many times in the forums that people report they have stripped these studs and threads on these.
it will strip or it won't.. doesn't matter how many steps you take to get there...

I've had my issues, a few things stripped here or there. Thankfully the Grubee kits come with upgraded (somewhat) hardware.

Also I really hope the threads / studs aren't aluminum or it'll strip in a heartbeat.

I get it. I dont think you have to worry @ 12 ft lbs to be honest. If the torque is uneven at temperature yes.

Back