Headless Jug Motor kit's are for sale if your interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
running away far and fast

Why? it solves a whole bunch of issues with these engines which are slightly better than the 1950's tech they're based on. None of the new yard implement and chainsaw two strokes run separate head and cylinders anymore. No more lapping head to seal bad milling mistakes from the factory, consistent combustion chamber dimensions and better transfer charge delivery and porting.

Why? it solves a whole bunch of issues with these engines which are slightly better than the 1950's tech they're based on. None of the new yard implement and chainsaw two strokes run separate head and cylinders anymore. No more lapping head to seal bad milling mistakes from the factory, consistent combustion chamber dimensions and better transfer charge delivery and porting.
And it makes it a b**ch to modify. How do you know they are any more consistent or better in any way? How many do you own?

couple reasons,, bcs there is no simple upping the compression and with the cooling benefit of a cnc head. appearance wise too is a thing,,

Hard to clean carbon from and can’t raise compression I’m guessing. Better off just using one of the 54mm Stihl jugs. Pretty sure you can build a 92cc motor for way less than Robert used to sell them for ($500) I also saw a 49mm top end for a cutoff saw that might work. The 1 piece jug engine has 6mm bolts instead of studs so maybe other types of jugs could be used.

Last edited:
And it makes it a b*tch to modify. How do you know they are any more consistent or better in any way? How many do you own?

"B*tch to modify" says to me that you're approaching this from the wrong way. Why not install a complete head and cylinder that are already decent running and don't need any modification?

I own 3 chainsaws, a Poulan and 2 Husqvarnas, I have an Italian McCullough 32 cc weedie engine on a friction drive that makes as much power as my 50 cc HT engine. It's been in hard service since 1983. I've been a small engine mechanic since 1978 and I've repaired a lot of two strokes. Untized head and cylinders were and are, how quality made utility engines are built. The only engines using a separate head any more are small 4 strokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back