Headless Jug Motor kit's are for sale if your interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to clean carbon from and can’t raise compression I’m guessing. Better off just using one of the 54mm Stihl jugs. Pretty sure you can build a 92cc motor for way less than Robert used to sell them for ($500) I also saw a 49mm top end for a cutoff saw that might work. The 1 piece jug engine has 6mm bolts instead of studs so maybe other types of jugs could be used.

Do a search on Ebay for Husky replacement jugs and piston kits for their saws They're coming down in price and there's a bunch of 50 and 52 mm bore saw cylinders, cheap!

the idea of this jug just looks like it's cheaper to do a 1 piece manufacture. im not thinking this version of an HT motor would be any more reliable on the whole. this is China now,,, im almost fed up with cheapie 2 strokes tho I have a good one

the idea of this jug just looks like it's cheaper to do a 1 piece manufacture. im not thinking this version of an HT motor would be any more reliable on the whole. this is China now,,, im almost fed up with cheapie 2 strokes tho I have a good one

I believe these new Husky and Jonsered parts are coming from factories in Finland and Estonia. I have one of Husky's new weedeaters from these new Electrolux factories, and it is pretty impressive. The new Chinese utility engines are getting pretty good reviews, there's a few 42 cc and 47 cc weedeaters and multi-tool powerheads that have been in service for a few years and they are holding up well.

It's something American sellers of Husky and Stihl don't talk about, but they're selling Chinese and former Soviet satellite country made non commercial yard implements and they subject to much more abuse than our little bike engines receive.

i have one on my bike, and i love it! its a great design and you can modifly them, just not as much as a 2 piece. they make great power and im more than happy with mine, my next engine kit will be a 2 piece though, as i would like to try to build a preformance specific one.
but for my first kit, it was great!

I believe this is a Chinese factory made replacement, but look at what you get for $93..

s-l640.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/i/322962102478?chn=ps

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
if i'd go headless tho, I'd get the BT80. chainsaw engines will sound like ... a chainsaw lol. anyone ever use one w/expansion pipe on their mb?

if i'd go headless tho, I'd get the BT80. chainsaw engines will sound like ... a chainsaw lol. anyone ever use one w/expansion pipe on their mb?

They only sound like chain saws because they have those blocky stamped steel mufflers. I like the sound of a well tuned Husky 372 or Jonsered 2051.

Frankly if I had the cylinder, piston and crank from my Jonsered 52 cc on my present 48cc HT crankcase, (with a tuned pipe..) my bike would be in an entirely different class of power. I know how well that saw cuts through 24" diameter Fir logs, it would probably do over 50 mph with the right gearing on that bike.

"B*tch to modify" says to me that you're approaching this from the wrong way. Why not install a complete head and cylinder that are already decent running and don't need any modification?

I own 3 chainsaws, a Poulan and 2 Husqvarnas, I have an Italian McCullough 32 cc weedie engine on a friction drive that makes as much power as my 50 cc HT engine. It's been in hard service since 1983. I've been a small engine mechanic since 1978 and I've repaired a lot of two strokes. Untized head and cylinders were and are, how quality made utility engines are built. The only engines using a separate head any more are small 4 strokes.
I am talking about what this thread is about, cg engines. These engines are known for piss poor quality and when production changes for more profit it in no way means higher quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back