Headless Jug Motor kit's are for sale if your interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, do you know what this thread is about?

I'm trying to present ideas of adapting bits outside of the "CG box" so to speak. The present level of quality of the CG performance bits is not much better than your claim about Chinese utility engines, And yes I know what I'm talking about, as a small engine tech for a dozen years you start to notice issues about reliability.

Of course someone adapting these bits to a would have to have skill and access to a lathe. We're discussing two stroke engines for powering motorized bikes, I'm trying to pry open some minds about thinking outside of the box for better quality and more power and durable engines.

This stuff is already being done, Cannonball2 mentioned an upcoming Stihl 90 cc cylinder piston conversion of a Zeda engine he owns.

Ask yourself why no presently made chainsaw or weedeater engines use case reeds any more?

Homelite and McCullough used to back in the day, but no major manufacturer of small 2 strokes does now. It's all piston ported, and they run fantastic.

Frank motor has been done by many and sold by zeda. Puch heads were common along with a few cylinders on the cg. Many moped cylinders have been used on the cg bottom end but this thread was about the new style one piece head and cylinder CG. Not any other one piece top end engine.
Why? it solves a whole bunch of issues with these engines which are slightly better than the 1950's tech they're based on. None of the new yard implement and chainsaw two strokes run separate head and cylinders anymore. No more lapping head to seal bad milling mistakes from the factory, consistent combustion chamber dimensions and better transfer charge delivery and porting.
Where did you mention any other engine?

I still would never run a one piece top end on a cg because ; 1, higher replacement cost and 2, I modify to fit my requirements.

That red motor is a Mitsubishi clone I’m going to run one with a gebe kit and it’s the type with the starter gonna be cool. Ya the 1 piece design is common with weed eaters, chainsaws and other things also about the BT80 I don’t see why a dirt bike pipe wouldn’t work it does use an exhaust flange with a copper ring.

I don't know I see all sorts of upsides for this especially if they're reworked the transfer ports to transfer more cleanly and efficeintly and they're larger

The CG engine is a cheaply copied Tanaka/TAS Japanese home market bicycle engine and Minibike engine from the late 1950's. Look up Keystone Minibikes on Google, you'll see the engine the Happy Time was cloned from.

I always thought they copied the Russian D motor but idk one thing I don’t like is the clutch setup a type of centrifugal or wet clutch would be better. It’s hard to lubricate the rollers in between the clutch hub and the gear without contaminating the pads.

photoaa.jpg

Like a lot of Chinese cloned products they often are amalgamations of two or three different designs I'm sure the access to the Russian D motor has a large part but the CG engine is piston ported, it has the dry puck manual clutch and long intake manifold of the Tanaka TAS engine.

I wonder if our cg engines could be made to utilize a wet clutch set up. Probably need a breather for the clutch cover. Maybe different pad material and spring pressure?

photoaa.jpg

Like a lot of Chinese cloned products they often are amalgamations of two or three different designs I'm sure the access to the Russian D motor has a large part but the CG engine is piston ported, it has the dry puck manual clutch and long intake manifold of the Tanaka TAS engine.
It's a fact that our china girls were largely copied from the latvian/russian D series bicycle engine.Don Grubee while in China in the late 90's saw these engines being used and changed the design a bit,The crank induction was dropped and the displacement was bumped up a bit but alot of it still remains very simular!
1548355905776.png

1548355936065.png

Look at the castings,case,mounts,and so on!

I wonder if our cg engines could be made to utilize a wet clutch set up. Probably need a breather for the clutch cover. Maybe different pad material and spring pressure?
even a better pressure plate would be good and not so many rubber pieces but 1 disc of material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back