Headless Jug Motor kit's are for sale if your interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the flying horse? I saw one of those cylinders and it had a horse with wings and 2018 on it.

I do think it's being cast in the flying horse factory,....the jug in my profile picture is the exact way you described yours. same markings. I NEED to find replacements/spares. (jugs) ANY help would be awesome. are these sleeved??? the casting quality is exceptional. mine has nice low-end power,... and is quite smooth. I LOVE it. I MUST find replacement jugs like these!!! it's driving me crazy.

and they look fantastic. makes the whole engine about 2 inches shorter. no more constantly retightening loose head nuts. no leaks. I also truly believe this design/style is superior for a buy it,..install it,..ride it style of MB'er. maybenot a tuner/modder,..but I totally dig mine. I have been searching for replacement jugs like THIS for almost a year now,... I haven't even been able to locate a PICTURE of one,... let alone purchase a spare. the quest continues...…..I actually think there's a sleeve in there.

Last edited:
well,... I just begged the guy who sells these on ebay in the link to sell me a replacement jug. like,.... pleading. I hope he can hook me up.

these things are friggin' RARE. and incredibly hard to find.

and just sayin....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-49cc-w-Gear-Reduction-Transmission-Pocket-Bike-Gas-Scooter-Mini-ATV/223120957903?_trkparms=aid=555018&algo=PL.SIM&ao=1&asc=20131003132420&meid=0d360fa39bfa42d592f9e97cef820d29&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=12&mehot=ag&sd=143049391396&itm=223120957903&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

s-l1600.jpg
Rotates the wrong way for an MB...unless you run no pedals and use the stock freewheel or use a second gearbox to reverse rotation. The trans flips it to clockwise rotating output while facing sprocket.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Just got my first one of these new engines and thought wtf but quickly realized it had a much cleaner casting a smaller outer size and all the screws I normally replace were already allen head bolts so only engine hardware I changed were mounting studs. This 90 dollar ebay kit also came with the speed carb. This motor runs better has more power than the last 5 ive built with one quarter the vibration. There is also almost zero drag with the clutch pulled I cant believe it you can pedal like its not there and with the bike lifted you can spin the rear tire and it keeps going. So far this new kit is impressive and doesnt seem anything like the older ones. Cant wait till its fully broken in to do a top speed test.

Any of the newer molded vs older cast cylinders will have all the improvements of these jugs without being single piece setups with no upgrade path.

I wouldn't be interested in them at all...get a G4 or G5 if you want the better port shape, cleaner casting, and nicer chrome than the normal jugs. They also come in sleeved versions in both open or closed transfers! Keep in mind though they are for PK80 bottom ends and will need work to fit a standard Zeda/triple40.

Why? it solves a whole bunch of issues with these engines which are slightly better than the 1950's tech they're based on. None of the new yard implement and chainsaw two strokes run separate head and cylinders anymore. No more lapping head to seal bad milling mistakes from the factory, consistent combustion chamber dimensions and better transfer charge delivery and porting.
50's tech? A 1910 m/c probably has more tech.

50's tech? A 1910 m/c probably has more tech.
Not really. Two strokes from the early 1900's were crossflow with a baffle on the piston crown. (Called Nash two strokes per cycle, or two port engines, look it up on Google.)

Not the present Schnerle porting that's been used on cars and bikes since the late 1940's. Crossflow 2 strokes are analogous to flathead/sidevalve 4 strokes, low compression. and bad volumetric efficiency.

WikiVisually: Schnerle Porting

Any of the newer molded vs older cast cylinders will have all the improvements of these jugs without being single piece setups with no upgrade path.

I wouldn't be interested in them at all...get a G4 or G5 if you want the better port shape, cleaner casting, and nicer chrome than the normal jugs. They also come in sleeved versions in both open or closed transfers! Keep in mind though they are for PK80 bottom ends and will need work to fit a standard Zeda/triple40.
For someone not interested in performance, but having a reliable, hard working engine that's better in efficiency, these one peice heads are ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back