Headlight modification

Local time
11:51 PM
Hey so I have pulled a plastic style headlight from one of my old bikes,

Was wandering since it most likely is deteriorated at the wiring I wanted to go to a radio shack and convert it over to a two wire system if done from the strator do I hook the white wire to the red of the bulb and the black wire to the frame?

Do I have to stick with the traditional traditional one wire and can I still have my kill switch hooked into the white wire as well.

Just don't want to self ground it out, and short my coil pack/strator.

In addition I plan to designing a set of tail lights out of a project enclosure ran off solar power and a couple of rechargeable batteries.

The initial plan for the brake lights is to stick out far enough to simulate a motorcycle/ car til lights.

Will look a bit funny but I'll have to draft up the brake light system.

if you connect your white wire to positive and then ground it to the black wire it should work. if you want to ground it to the frame make sure your engine is grounded to the frame, and not mounted to a painted surface. Also if you mount the headlight on the handlebars you might have problems linking the ground to the frame aswell.
If you connect the headlight it shouldn't affect your kill switch. You will have a loss of power though.

Back