headset

Bigdave86

Local time
6:20 PM
i recently bought a springer fork for the gasbike and when i made the order i think i made the mistake i should of asked the seller first instead of hesitating to order it.
i realised i think after i bought the fork it might be a 1inch threaded and not 1-1/8 threadless for the gas bike so there no way cancelling the order. instead of wasting more money on a new fork i think i found a solution to it. there a website that sell 1-1/8 to 1'' conversion kit. on the website there a picture showing the down tube of the bike measuring 34mm, last night i went to measure my gas bike it measure out 43mm im confuse at this point which is which i dont want to waste any more money if it
doesn't workout with this configuration. could someone here shed some light. here the website https://www.bicycledesigner.com/bike-parts/bicycle-headsets/headset-conversion-kit-1-1-8-to-1.html

I believe 1 1/8 headsets come in 2 sizes for the bearing cups 34mm and 44mm. Not sure if the kit will work even with the right size bearing cups.

Back