Heavier clutch spring (minarelli build)

mountain80

Local time
10:01 PM
Anybody find a heavier clutch spring for minarelli builds? I got my rdm clutch stage 2 finally except one problem..
They are out of clutch springs, supply issue again grr. This is the last component I need for assembly. Smolik performance are out of stock too. Smolik said in a post stock springs are about 250 lbs pressure and aftermarket are 390 lbs aproximately. Anyone find another avenue Im all ears. Thx a bunch.

Anybody find a heavier clutch spring for minarelli builds? I got my rdm clutch stage 2 finally except one problem..
They are out of clutch springs, supply issue again grr. This is the last component I need for assembly. Smolik performance are out of stock too. Smolik said in a post stock springs are about 250 lbs pressure and aftermarket are 490 lbs aproximately. Anyone find another avenue Im all ears. Thx a bunch.
Mountain80 could you get dimensions of the stock spring for me? I can measure 1, but I'll have to disassemble a engine to measure. Which I would happily do. Mainly need spring free height/length, then get me outside diameter & inside diameter, also measure the coil thickness

Buy the assembled clutch shaft and disassemble it. They are cheap, I got one for lees than $10 shipped, easier than pulling down an engine.

Buy the assembled clutch shaft and disassemble it. They are cheap, I got one for lees than $10 shipped, easier than pulling down an engine.
Lol I just remembered I got a loose 1, but Lol it's too cold & dark to go to the shop & get it right now.

One thing I just noticed, of three engines the Zeda had the threaded collar holding the clutch spring tightened til it bottomed leaving several threads exposed. The PK and another nameless engine had the collar tightened to the threads were even with the collar. That has to apply more pressure right. I noticed the Zedas clutch pull was harder, and
the clutch held when the Minarelli banded at 35 mph. Probably wouldnt hold a reved clutch dump but seems fine when banding at speed. Im not a wheelie king any more so if it holds at higher speeds I can live with it. Will add better pads of brake material.

DieselTech sorry been busy have not been here a bit. I opted to get a heavy duty spring from smolik he had them in stock.
Cannonball3 stock springs have about 220lbs pressure and smolik springs run about 390lbs, right from smoliks mouth. I am building my hybrid strong from ground up no use cheaping out when I have alot of $$ into every other part of build but thx anyways.

Yep build the best you can. I have a weak left hand from a saw accident and its getting weaker with age, so much so that I am now riding a Honda NC700x DCT since I cant pull an m/c clutch any more. The aforementioned Zeda soring
is about all I can handle. It will work for me as Im an easy rider these days.

Yep build the best you can. I have a weak left hand from a saw accident and its getting weaker with age, so much so that I am now riding a Honda NC700x DCT since I cant pull an m/c clutch any more. The afore mentioned Zeda soring
is about all I can handle. It will work for me as Im an easy rider these days.
Leverage, all you need is leverage. Longer the arm, the easier the pull. They make kits for just the reason you described. We all get older, and sometimes still want to do what we love. Hell they have training wheels for Harley's now. lol

Back