Heavy Duty Replacement Clutch

Seems like a $314+shipping Q-matic gearbox is kind of steep when OP is just looking for a good clutch for his 4G.

Granted, few clutches are better than the MaxTorque in the Q-Matic, but a 4G with proper clutch with always out-accelerate a Q-Matic.

He said he would appreciate "any" input. I don't care if he buys it or not. I was just offering. That price is cheaper than the suggested retail price & he sounded like he was trying to save money..

He said he would appreciate "any" input. I don't care if he buys it or not. I was just offering. That price is cheaper than the suggested retail price & he sounded like he was trying to save money..

Right Jay, but, taking a note from your own pedantry, he said he was "looking for a replacement clutch for a 4G" and "would appreciate any input".

One would typically deduce that he's looking for any input on a 4G clutch.

Your EZM kit doesn't fit a 4G. Your EZM's clutch doesn't fit a 4G. Nothing about your EZM fits a 4G.

If he was looking for something to replace a whole 4G, you'd be onto something :geek:

Cheers, my friend.

Thanks Aleman, that's exactly what I was looking for! I appreciate your offer jb, but that's a bit out of my price range. Especially since that's nearly what I paid for the entire kit.

I have, yes. I've done business with Staton-Inc since 2007, but I haven't ordered anything from him in 2 years.

Staton-Inc has been around since the 1980s and is probably the oldest company catering to MBers that's still around.

They aren't always the most prompt, but they typically do good work.

Like I said, Staton-Inc carries all that stuff - clutches and clutch parts. Their site was down when I checked earlier, but it's back up now.

Here's a link to their heavy-duty clutch for your engine:
http://www.staton-inc.com/store/pro...ng_Zhongtian_142F_49cc_Four_Cycle-1676-0.html

If you look through their site you can find just the springs, many different flavors of engagement. I don't know what works with what, but Staton-Inc will.
That is a good clutch, I bought one.

Back