Heeellooo! 1st build experience kind of...

Hi guys! Here's my first attempt at building a motorbike. I had got this kit thru bikeberry but found the engine had a good bit of defects. Of course I didn't figure this out till after the engine blew and I dismantled it to discover the flaw. Ended up just buying an Ebay 66/80cc China doll, and before even mounting it I tore it down and replaced everything that looked not so well made. Which was pretty much everything. Its running good but im still breaking it in of course.

20220802_113418.jpg

Attachments

• 20220802_113305.jpg
    20220802_113305.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 127
Nice build. I got my first engine from the Berry too, but it is still running strong. I guess it's just the luck of the draw. Bicycle-Engines sells good kits. CDHPower engines have a good reputation too. What did you find wrong with your first engine and what did you replace on the new engine?

Nice build. I got my first engine from the Berry too, but it is still running strong. I guess it's just the luck of the draw. Bicycle-Engines sells good kits. CDHPower engines have a good reputation too. What did you find wrong with your first engine and what did you replace on the new engine?
the hole on the case where the crank goes thru seems like it got over-bored so when they put the seal on it they had to put rubber caulk around the seal.the same for the magneto side. These were two areas I failed to inspect when i got the engine. it was totally odd cause it literally looked like a child tried to quick fix something before dad saw it. Changed all the bolts, screws, and nuts for better quality ones, same with the gaskets ( Which I made myself). High speed bearings, piston rings (The Piston I left it alone its solid.) Ported and cleaned the hell out of the transfers. Shaved the head a bit down too until I can get a high compression head.

the hole on the case where the crank goes thru seems like it got over-bored so when they put the seal on it they had to put rubber caulk around the seal.the same for the magneto side. These were two areas I failed to inspect when i got the engine. it was totally odd cause it literally looked like a child tried to quick fix something before dad saw it. Changed all the bolts, screws, and nuts for better quality ones, same with the gaskets ( Which I made myself). High speed bearings, piston rings (The Piston I left it alone its solid.) Ported and cleaned the hell out of the transfers. Shaved the head a bit down too until I can get a high compression head.
Ive always worked on 4 stroke scooters, so going to this felt alien to me.

Let the truth be known a child 👲 probably did do the repairs 🛠🪛🔩⚙🗜

Hi guys! Here's my first attempt at building a motorbike. I had got this kit thru bikeberry but found the engine had a good bit of defects. Of course I didn't figure this out till after the engine blew and I dismantled it to discover the flaw. Ended up just buying an Ebay 66/80cc China doll, and before even mounting it I tore it down and replaced everything that looked not so well made. Which was pretty much everything. Its running good but im still breaking it in of course.
View attachment 178363
Before you go too far on your bike, you might want to think about some decent brakes. The coaster brake won't last long, making your new found joy into a death trap.

Shaved the head a bit down too until I can get a high compression head.
I noticed that you built yours on the Hyper Beach Cruiser 26"...Thats what I have as well...Very comfortable ride...I noticed you inverted the handlebars though...You find that more comfortable???

The coaster brake won't last long,
The coaster brakes have got to go...very weak on the Hypers...either you need caliper style brakes, drum brake hubs or disks mounted on mags like I did

DSCN0229.JPG

Looks like you have a rim brake in front; run one to the back as well. I'd only use the coaster to hold me in place on hills. Maybe if needed as an emergency brake if for some reason your rims got really wet.

I noticed that you built yours on the Hyper Beach Cruiser 26"...Thats what I have as well...Very comfortable ride...I noticed you inverted the handlebars though...You find that more comfortable???

The coaster brakes have got to go...very weak on the Hypers...either you need caliper style brakes, drum brake hubs or disks mounted on mags like I did

View attachment 178387
We're old and have to ride upright or laid back. Younger generation is use to riding crotch rockets not hogs lol

Back