Hello all..noob here

knottsoljah

Local time
2:17 AM
whaddup yo, building a schwinn resto-custom lowrider. It started life as a 3 spd schwinn suburban. I've order a 80cc engine from motorizedbikeparts.com . Ive read that some have had issues with the 3 spd hub? Im contemplating on either trying to get it to work or I was really wanting to hook up some 140 spoke rims. Anyone do this? any issue with the hub? All help is appreciated.
thanks

Knottysoljah

Ride on...

Attachments

• m_4c31d43e1c024898cd13255f91625a33.jpg
    m_4c31d43e1c024898cd13255f91625a33.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 146
Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.

General request to all new members.
Please, before posting any questions, do a search. Then READ,READ,READ.
There is a ton of information here. Many of your engine and performance issues in the Garage & Tech/Mech Help have already been covered. Here at MBc we are the home of nearly all MoteredBike questions. If you search and are unable to find your answer, don't hesitate to post your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D

Last edited:
Hey knottsoljah, I have 68 spokes on my latest cruiser. It was a pain dealing with the rear sprocket mounting. The spokes were tight together and it added 2 hrs to get the mounting bolts aligned and tightened. You may have to try and find a sprocket and hub combo. I havent seen them 144 spoke though. If you figure out a solution, please post your findings.

Attachments

• 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 170
  • sproket_0637.jpg
    sproket_0637.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 141
Thanks all, ive been doing the research thing and it looks like I might go the 72 spoke way. It will be the easiest and most cost effective and still achive the look I want.

knottysoljah

ride on.....

Back