Hello All!

raym

Local time
5:37 PM
Ray here from sunny seattle washington. Long-time motorcycle/scooter/snowmobile/etc. person. Now that I live within striking distance of my employer, I've been contemplating putting together a motorized bike for my commute.

I cobbled together an (admittedly) scary chainsaw motored rig, and now I'm looking at doing it the right way!

Looking forwards to it!

Ray

Hi Ray,
You'll like it here. Fun and very informative. I'm pretty new also. And the help I've received made such a difference. It's great.
If you've got photos of your chainsaw motor bike, we'd be interested in seeing them

Thanks for the welcome!

thanks for the great welcome!

Sorry, no pics of the chainsaw rig. The wife stole the motor back for the fall cleanup last year. It was pretty rudimentary - a skateboard wheel mounted to the output shaft of the motor provided rear wheel drive. It was mounted on a platform made of angle iron attached to the rear of the seatpost and the chainstays. I used an old remote choke lever and cable from a moto guzzi scooter to control throttle.

I think I still have the platform in the garage. Maybe I'll resurrect it now that spring is here. :D

Ray

welcome to another PNW rider! wow! have fun with your new project and if you get some pictures of your new build do post in picture gallery...again welcome to MBc! happy motoring!

Back