Hello all

brydonb

Local time
2:48 PM
well I am from winnipeg manitoba canada. I have just bought myself an 80cc chinese kit from a local dealer in my city. I installed it all myself and fried something. I hooked up the white wire (hot lead) to the black wires and it fried. I just talked to my dealer here and it is ready first thing in the morning. Anyways, I'll have lots of questions so Im sure you'll see me around. Does anyone know the name of the part I fried??? it cost me 36 for the part and 10 for him to install it???

Hi brydonb. Welcome to MBc!
Either the magneto (located inside the left front cover of engine) or the CDI (black box that your spark plug wire is attached to) Next time, this is what were here for. With patience we all could work through this together. Glad to have ya!

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
You may have seen this, but here's a great MBc starter "link" to get you motoring.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

Welcome to MBc!!!

Sorry about your fried magneto and/or CDI. The white wire isn't used by most of us, but you can run a 3 watt headlight off of it.

Live and learn--and learn to trust your fellow MBc'ers!!! :cool:

Back