Hello All

geneingram1942

Local time
5:36 AM
Hello All, I am a crusty old man, all most 70, and I would like to start saving energy by building an electric 4 wheel bike. I live in the Great state of Tennessee in the U.S.A., in a small town, about 9000 people, small by our standards. I live near the great American Civil War Battlefield, Shiloh.
Anyway several years ago I became the owner of two (2) Schwinn Sting Ray bikes and I put these two bikes together using two 3/4in X 4ft pieces of all thread rod. I know you are probably asking why I would ruin 2 very expensive bikes by doing this, well to begain with, I was given the bikes and did not know the value, and when you don't have to pay for something, you don't ask the value. But to get to the point, I have decided to make them electric and need some ideas on how to do this. I could just use peddle power, but the traffic in my little town will run a bike rider down if only peddling.
Could anyone give me any ideas?
I will trade a real American Civil War Bullet fired during the battle, found on my land that use to be part of the Shiloh Battlefield for some good ideas.
You have to remember that my brain doesn't work as well as a young one does, and you might have to explain things more than once.
Thank you all for your help, and I hope to hear from many of you soon.
Gene

Hi Gene and welcome aboard.

I'm afraid that I don't have any specific advice for you. But I have something more general; just read, read, read and then read some more.

Just click on any headline that looks interesting. Before you know it, you'll have a lot of info and ideas working.

Good luck and have fun.

Back