Hello All.

Tommy Griffin

Local time
7:10 AM
Hey guys, I guess this is a hello again. I built my first bike back in 2016 and did just about everything wrong. I started tinkering and I learned it over the course of a couple years. Now it’s 2022 and I can say I’ve mastered just about everything motorized bicycle related, including engine building. I own Big Ts Motorized Bikes out of Chicago and I build and sell motorized bicycles and race engines full time.

Well, that’s enough about me, you guys will be seeing much more of me now that I’m back on.

By the way, you don’t need a hybrid to go fast, just a properly built CD will do.

Here’s one of my big bores performing, and this was before I mastered the schnurle porting technique.

Hey guys, I guess this is a hello again.
Hello again Tommy and welcome back...Speed and power do not seem to be your problems anymore...lol.

I do notice that your choice of fasteners leaves just a little to be desired though...lol...You have a very unique cell phone holder device for your speedo...lol...I see zipties are your friends...lol...Losing headlight would be bad enough but losing the phone being used as speedo appears to be more expensive a loss when it hits the pavement and goes "splat"...lol...DAMIEN

just a properly built CD will do.
Ps...Tell us a bit about the CDI you are using

Here is a few pics as to how i build mine...Enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0352.jpg
    IMG_0352.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0348.jpg
    IMG_0348.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 126
  • Fabricated Rear Caliper Adaptor IMG_0347.jpg
    Fabricated Rear Caliper Adaptor IMG_0347.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Another view of rear caliper adaptor.IMG_0350.jpg
    Another view of rear caliper adaptor.IMG_0350.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 112
  • Adel clamp holding front caliper adaptor to fork. IMG_0349.jpg
    Adel clamp holding front caliper adaptor to fork. IMG_0349.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0319.jpg
    IMG_0319.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 109
Hey guys, I guess this is a hello again. I built my first bike back in 2016 and did just about everything wrong. I started tinkering and I learned it over the course of a couple years. Now it’s 2022 and I can say I’ve mastered just about everything motorized bicycle related, including engine building. I own Big Ts Motorized Bikes out of Chicago and I build and sell motorized bicycles and race engines full time.

Well, that’s enough about me, you guys will be seeing much more of me now that I’m back on.

By the way, you don’t need a hybrid to go fast, just a properly built CD will do.

Here’s one of my big bores performing, and this was before I mastered the schnurle porting technique.

You do good work,man. Glad to have ya back. Should ask about getting a vendor page for yourself. Your work is worth letting these guys know you exist. Welcome back.

Well I just had Tommy build a 4-stroke (Hey I heard that!) and yes, the drive chain alignment is straighter than most rulers and my engine mounts may look laser cut, but he lost a cool skull shaped valve stem thingamagigie while hooking me up with thicker spokes. Keep your eye on this guy.

J/K Big T, love the bike.

Attachments

• profile_resized.jpg
    profile_resized.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 104
  • rightside.jpg
    rightside.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 108
Hello again Tommy and welcome back...Speed and power do not seem to be your problems anymore...lol.

I do notice that your choice of fasteners leaves just a little to be desired though...lol...You have a very unique cell phone holder device for your speedo...lol...I see zipties are your friends...lol...Losing headlight would be bad enough but losing the phone being used as speedo appears to be more expensive a loss when it hits the pavement and goes "splat"...lol...DAMIEN

When I said CD I was meaning China doll. All you need is a well built China doll

Damien, what do you have between the front motor mount and the frame? Rubber, metal, leather or some other type of sleeve material?

Damien, what do you have between the front motor mount and the frame? Rubber, metal, leather or some other type of sleeve material?
Just a thin piece of rubber i cut from a sheet of rubber that you can get most anywhere...cutting up an old tire inner tube will achieve the same thing...DAMIEN

Just a thin piece of rubber i cut from a sheet of rubber that you can get most anywhere...cutting up an old tire inner tube will achieve the same thing...DAMIEN
Thanks.... as a newbie, i thought I had read that using rubber under mounts was not a good idea and the only option was an aluminum or metal sleeve of in some installations, leather. I have my CNC mount to my aluminum frame un padded. I guess I need to add the rubber

Back