Hello all

KyleManeti95

Local time
3:28 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Kyle and I’m glad I found this forum, I’ve lurked for a while but never made my account until now. I’m getting ready to start my second bike build with nothing but top notch, quality parts. Anyway, glad to be here guys, I look forward to sharing my projects and getting to know you guys.

47355149.jpg

I have a smolik minarelli cnc bottom end currently, I’m slowly starting to collect all the bits for the engine. I’m planning on going the board tracker route with my build. I’ll be building at a snails pace as I’m planning on building the bike with the best parts I can find, I might have the bike ready to ride by spring time 2024 hopefully. Here is my case that I have, I want to do a full billet build on it, I’m thinking of having the parts anodized once I have the full rolling chassis done

Attachments

• FA629AD0-EAC7-42CC-B198-649AF2A4642C.jpeg
    FA629AD0-EAC7-42CC-B198-649AF2A4642C.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 71
Welcome to the forum.
I have been eyeing those cases for a few days now. From what I understand....if I do understand correctly....those Smolik cases will be manufactured in a limited production and when they're gone...they're gone....no more. I just took 2 chances on the raffle for a case like this.

The Smolik case takes bigger crank bearings (6302) than the typical CG crank bearing, ready for the KTM type ignition, and it's designed to bolt right on a felt frame with their mount. There's other points to these cases but those 3 are what has me interested. They do look pretty bad a$$ as an extra too.

Building an engine of this nature isn't for a budget minded builder. It is rather costly.... but if someone is looking for a high-performance build it's a fairly easy way to go.

Thank you Nick, these case are really nice, I watched the video where they talk more in depth on the new 2022 cases. They are being made in batches of 5, with enough material on hand to make 30 of them. They are super high quality. My only gripe with them is how long it took to receive my case (ordered june2021) and that my case did not include any hardware what so ever. I want to order from them again because they have a lot of neat parts I’d love to use but I don’t want to risk waiting that long to get my parts again. Good luck on the raffle btw 😊
Right now I’m working on a parts list so I can start collecting more odds and ends, I’m also trying to find other reputable companies that made billet performance parts, I’m planning on going full billet with this build. It’s definitely a high cost build, but as I plan to slowely accumulate all the parts over the next couple of years so cost is not to much of an issue, although I wish I could afford to purchase everything at the same time.
Cheers, I hope you have a good day 😊

I want to order from them again because they have a lot of neat parts I’d love to use but I don’t want to risk waiting that long to get my parts again.
That has always been his problem, pathetically long wait times to get anything from him...I'm glad you got yours finally, I know one guy who has been waiting two years when he ordered, he got most of his order a couple months ago but he is still waiting for missing items...I will never order anything from someone like that myself.

Can you just imagine a newcomer to our little hobby/sport having to wait a year and a half and two years to get their order and have to delay building it for all that time wasted???...lol.

That’s exactly correct, waiting for anything you ordered that long is a pathetic way to run a business. I could understand if the wait time was just a few weeks but for a wait time I’ve over a year, potentially 2 years is atrocious. I’m glad your guy finally got some of his order, I honestly didn’t believe my Shopify app when it updated and showed tracking information for my package. The parts are gorgeous but given the extreme waiting time, I do not plan on doing business with them again. I thought about messaging them about my kit not having any hardware at all, but for me, it’s not worth the time. I’ll just get the bolts from ace, seals and bearings from Oreilly auto and have all the hardware in less than an hour.
I feel bad for any newcomers to the hobby that order from them and end up building an entire bike from cheaper stock parts because the billet parts take forever to actually ship

Back