Hello all

K

Kep1a

Hello all,

I have been reading these forums for a while. I decided to join and participate. I have been smitten by the MPG and the almost subculture status of a motorized bike.

I picked up a motorized Schwinn beach cruiser and found it to be fun and efficient. My 5'2" wife said she wanted one too now. Finding a bike to fit her and accept an engine proved to be more of a challenge than I ever imagined. I stumbled upon a Schwinn OCC with a motor kit already on it. It fit her well and she liked the riding position. We got it and I'm going through it to make it as reliable and safe as possible.

I began to realize the chopper was very cool and fun but just too small for me to even consider. I was honestly jealous and wanted a chopper too. A friend of mine said he saw a cool bike on E-bay while looking for a springer fork for his chopper motorcycle. He said the name Spoiler came to mind. A quick search revealed that this was a production bike and was exactly what I was looking for. I found and purchased one and now I am swapping everything from the beach cruiser to the chopper.

I decided that I wanted to retain the rear disc brake. But did not know how to get it done just yet. I found some different ideas and was intrigued by the scope of different examples of how to drive the rear wheel. I used the configuration of the Giant Stiletto to get through the initial planing stages. Now where to find hardware....

I stumbled upon Staton inc and this Stiletto project bike in one of my Stiletto searches.

http://www.staton-inc.com/Details.asp?ProductID=2926

Now I am going to start doing the project with a modified version of the Stiletto drive system for my Spoiler.

Thanks to all for ideas and inspiration provided in these forums.
Kep1a

PS: It will take a few months to get things going but I will update as I make progress.

I began to realize the chopper was very cool and fun but just too small for me to even consider. I was honestly jealous and wanted a chopper too.
i can sooo relate...but now i have my wish, or close enuff anyway, so i'm a happy motoredbiker. soon you will be, too. keep us posted on the build :)

welcome to MBc :cool:

Back