Hello All

G

Ghost0

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest. I am a true newbie to all of this, and I mean all. I have really enjoyed reading all the posts and learning a lot of tricks. Hopefully attached is a photo of my current ride that I call my Drone. It is just stock except for matching the intake and exhaust ports to align with the head. There are some things that just aren't right.

The other attachment is what I am in the process of building. I won't go into much detail here but will post updates in the appropriate forums in the future. I have a race car design/Engineering background so hopefully I will be able to contribute some useful information.

Attachments

• Drone.jpg
    Drone.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 283
  • After1.jpg
    After1.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 281
Last edited by a moderator:
you need a major spring-loaded tensioner...please, make one that anyone can build & show us how :)

make sure you check out "let's ride" to see about hooking up with the other PNW-Riders :D

welcome to the MBc :cool:

I actually won't be needing a major tensioner. I will be using the bottom bracket as a jack shaft, see pic. Then I am building a 3 speed rear derailleur, see other pic. Sorry but no pedaling here. Straight bump start only. It will be a dedicated off-road machine. I will continue to keep all posted as she progresses. If anyone is interested in a place I found for gears, chains, sprockets etc. Try this place. Go the "ATV and Parts" or Go Carts and Parts" sections.
http://www.jackssmallengines.com/parts.html

Attachments

• Jack Shaft.jpg
    Jack Shaft.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 215
  • 3 Speed.jpg
    3 Speed.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 236
jackshaft in swingarm-pivot has always been a pet imaginary mod of mine...too bad you have to use bottom-bracket and give up the pedals, tho.

Clearly you have the fab-mojo. Why can you not add a crank freewheel and have pedals as well?

Back