Hello and Thank You from likearock111!

L

likearock111

Hi, all!

Just a quick note to introduce myself - I'm a MS student and biomedical engineer in Cleveland, OH, and I stumbled upon your site a few days ago. I just got married in August, so I've been looking for a new hobby in place of online gaming... it just takes up too much of my time and doesn't teach me anything in return. I have to say, I've always wanted to learn more about engines/mechanical design (my focus is electrical engineering), so I am really pumped about diving in and creating my own motorized bike.

Based on the threads I've already read, I decided to go for a DAX 70cc kit as a start. I own a really basic, older Schwinn mountain bike that is very well put together and has been quite reliable for me, so I'm going to learn how to assemble/modify on it before I go into working on new bikes. I just hope the 70cc Dax fits. :)

I'd really like to thank the members of this community for all the great topics and posts - without you, I never would have gotten the confidence to jump into this hobby. I'll do my best to contribute what I can in the future, and am currently going through the "30-day course". I'm looking forward to getting to know you all soon!

-likearock111

PS: I've done some research about Ohio law regarding motorized bikes, and it looks like the 70cc engine will make my bicycle technically fall into the "motorcycle" category. Do most of you have motorcycle licenses, and have you encountered police who care if you have one? Is this really just a technicality that no one (police/all of you) really care about? If you would like to reply to my email address, likearock111 at yahoo dot com, or private message me, that would be great, too. Thank you!

congrats on your new soon to be addiction if this frame yor talking about is an older model i would suggest getting new wheels cuz the older bearings wont be able to take the heat and pressure these engines put on them. not much is worse than a shot set of bearings

Many thanks for the advice and the warm welcome. Can't wait to get this bike started (grrr... shipping...)!

Back