Hello, and what engine do I have?

• Thread starter Deleted member 33209
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 33209

Hello, I'm Eric. I'm new to the forums and new to motor bicycling. I'm middle aged and I'm desperately trying to stay away from a motorcycle license. I'm hoping somebody might be able to tell me what kind of engine I have. Is it some sort of Huasheng? It's 49cc. Governed to 30mph.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_20211130_090956881_HDR (1).jpg
    IMG_20211130_090956881_HDR (1).jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 213
I saw Cheata Bikes on Jay Leno's Garage. Look em up. The website doesn't announce the engine manufacuturer. My novice eye says from the website images, it looks like my Huasheng 49cc.

Thanks Zak. I saw Phantom bikes at Jay's Garage, didn't see Cheata. I reached out via email to the owner and he is going to give me some information after I send him the serial number.

Here are some better photos of the engine.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 199
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 161
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 157
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 194
Hello, I'm Eric. I'm new to the forums and new to motor bicycling. I'm middle aged and I'm desperately trying to stay away from a motorcycle license. I'm hoping somebody might be able to tell me what kind of engine I have. Is it some sort of Huasheng? It's 49cc. Governed to 30mph.

Thanks for any help!
You look like you are missing the throttle stop on the carb, probably allowing the butterfly to start going the other way.

Dang, that sounds bad, is it? Maybe I should bring over to the dealer down the block and have them run over it. Rides like a dream, that's for sure.

Just pop the carb off and look. Only two cap screws holding it on. Pull the throttle and make sure it stops in the middle at full tilt. I just got one of these and notice you have the same carb, but the stop plate is gone. When pulled full tilt without the stop plate, at least on mine, it brings the butterfly past middle.

I saw Cheata Bikes on Jay Leno's Garage. Look em up. The website doesn't announce the engine manufacuturer. My novice eye says from the website images, it looks like my Huasheng 49cc.

For the price being charged; one would hope they used a Gru-Bee 4G transmission. Did you also notice it only has rim brakes and is a single speed pedal power.

For the price being charged; one would hope they used a Gru-Bee 4G transmission. Did you also notice it only has rim brakes and is a single speed pedal power.
2k is pricey!!! I have three engines( 2@66 1 steel sleeve), enough nitro for a year of riding and the bike all its gadgets front and back brakes, with new rims, tires, tubes, grips etc, and multiple sprockets, for around $1500. $1500 for nitro bike, with two spare 66ccs to swap in an out so my buddy's don't cry I whoop them so bad. lol

I'm the 2nd owner, I didn't pay full price, lol. Reduce, reuse, recycle! It does have a front disc brake and I don't plan on pedaling much. I hear you though, the prices are certainly interesting. For these prices you can buy a motorcycle!

2k is pricey!!! I have three engines( 2@66 1 steel sleeve), enough nitro for a year of riding and the bike all its gadgets front and back brakes, with new rims, tires, tubes, grips etc, and multiple sprockets, for around $1500. $1500 for nitro bike, with two spare 66ccs to swap in an out so my buddy's don't cry I whoop them so bad. lol

Sweet! I paid 1300 for mine. The guy told me he really loved it but he only took it out 3 times.
Just pop the carb off and look. Only two cap screws holding it on. Pull the throttle and make sure it stops in the middle at full tilt. I just got one of these and notice you have the same carb, but the stop plate is gone. When pulled full tilt without the stop plate, at least on mine, it brings the butterfly past middle.

Thanks Karl, I really appreciate the feedback. This sound like something I should be able to handle, I'll give it a shot!

Back