Hello Community

Thank you for the warm Welcome

I would just like to say thank you for all the warm welcomes.
I have spent the last week reading threads and gathering some very useful data.
I have decided to not build on the old Gary Fisher, but instead bought a new Schwinn Skyliner to start my build with. Since it's been a few yrs since I pedaled to communite, I am taking some time to get comfortable on the road again before adding the engine. I have been busy tuning the new bike , from brakes, seat postion, bar postion, adding good lights, and a rear rack to carry my lunch. :)

Brad

Attachments

• DSC00821.jpg
    DSC00821.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 130
I like my Skyliner. You'll find that you must fabricate a front mount of some kind for a Happy Time motor. I've tried a couple of different ways with varying success. I hope that you will continue to post your ideas and progress.

Those Skyliners do make pretty rides. I'm assuming that you decided on the Skyliner after reading the threads about some of them. If so, Good on ya, you'll probably find that the build will go smoothly. A lot of people get pretty frustrated when they find that the engine that "looked good" to them will not easily fit the bike they want to put it on. And if the build is frustrating, the maintenance required by the Chinese Happy Time engines can be the straw that broke the camels back.

Back