Hello do you think this is a good deal??

I put jb weld on the hole and it looks like its holding up the only problem is the one i had from the beginning... Air is leaking from one of the other bolt hole opposite from the damaged one its been like that sence i got it

It wasent a bolt leaking it was comeing from the spark plug manifold out from the side i would have never guessed used soapy water to find it put jb weld on it and it started after it got to temp the jb gave up and the leak was back but at least i got it running its been sitting for a year i feel pretty proud now all i need to do is find out how to stop the air leak il probably order a new head with the zeta engine i plan to buy

https://www.ebay.com/i/301650176773

Its 65 dollars, but im not sure if itll chooch like i the old one.
I already have a pk80 engine kit from seeutek on amazon its been pretty good till i broke it doing amature work on. It now im looking for a new motor. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.Thanks
personally I think it's a 66. Head bolts look like 8m to me. I would nor more buy that engine than I would kick a pit bull bare footed in the face. These motorized bike endeavors are not hugely expensive, so start off with a engine that is of some quality. It is the cornerstone of your build. Thus thus term motorized. The second factor of course being the bike, which is the foundation on which how well it all will last. Go cheap, get cheap. Spend a bit more now and save a lot later.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Hmm. Thanks i think ill do that as soon as I get the funds. I'm pretty sure im going to get this one running then ill sell it cheap. I will of course warn them of the defects.

I can't believe i got it running after a year sitting in the winter. Thanks to this website I'm sure, you all played an instrumental role in operation Booze Mobile . Now i dont have to walk to get beer after my dwi, thanks guys.smiley face

I can't believe i got it running after a year sitting in the winter. Thanks to this website I'm sure, you all played an instrumental role in operation Booze Mobile . Now i dont have to walk to get beer after my dwi, thanks guys.smiley face
2 strokes are kinda cool about not being winterized or even used for a while, just a bit of starting fluid and some fresh gas always pops them back to life.

In my experience (while somewhat limited) I've actually found the contrary to be true when people says "you get what you pay for". I guarantee most companies you can buy a 49 or 66cc engine kit from for more than double the price as some people have suggested you do, will be absolutely 100% the exact same thing, probably purchased from the same overseas vendor, and just given some stupid name, maybe a $0.5 sticker you'll likely remove anyway, maybe specs inflated a bit, possibly if you're lucky $8 in new bolts and a 200% price increase. Don't waste the money on what will regardless be an inexpensive engine designed to be an inexpensive engine no matter what some greedy schmuck prices it at. Sure, there are some companies that do actually sell "high performance" engines(still a lot of times with extremely inflated horse power ratings and such or basically just gestimimates from never having actually put one on a dyno) but again, not really worth the money in my opinion when you can buy a larger engine that has a higher power output than a 66cc engine ever can for the same price. Then again I also see no logic behind spending $1000+ on a bicycle with an engine when you can buy a used motorcycle for that, so maybe I'm just biased in my thinking to keeping what is designed to be a cheap mode of transportation cheap.

In any case I bought a $69 kit from eBay (sellers name was radiatorpartscenter, it looks like their price has gone up since though) and it's been great so far and is an exact 1:1 match to the pk80 my friend spend $142 on from one of the well known US based vendors during a "sale". Surprisingly the eBay seller was far more helpful and accommodating than the large company charging double, and even split the cost of a new $22 chain with me because the one that came with the kit wouldn't work with my frame, which I really didn't expect. Also shipping was 2 day fedex to my door for free.
So in short there is definitely no rule, especially in this industry, that says you get what you pay for.

In my experience (while somewhat limited) I've actually found the contrary to be true when people says "you get what you pay for". I guarantee most companies you can buy a 49 or 66cc engine kit from for more than double the price as some people have suggested you do, will be absolutely 100% the exact same thing, probably purchased from the same overseas vendor, and just given some stupid name, maybe a $0.5 sticker you'll likely remove anyway, maybe specs inflated a bit, possibly if you're lucky $8 in new bolts and a 200% price increase. Don't waste the money on what will regardless be an inexpensive engine designed to be an inexpensive engine no matter what some greedy schmuck prices it at. Sure, there are some companies that do actually sell "high performance" engines(still a lot of times with extremely inflated horse power ratings and such or basically just gestimimates from never having actually put one on a dyno) but again, not really worth the money in my opinion when you can buy a larger engine that has a higher power output than a 66cc engine ever can for the same price. Then again I also see no logic behind spending $1000+ on a bicycle with an engine when you can buy a used motorcycle for that, so maybe I'm just biased in my thinking to keeping what is designed to be a cheap mode of transportation cheap.

In any case I bought a $69 kit from eBay (sellers name was radiatorpartscenter, it looks like their price has gone up since though) and it's been great so far and is an exact 1:1 match to the pk80 my friend spend $142 on from one of the well known US based vendors during a "sale". Surprisingly the eBay seller was far more helpful and accommodating than the large company charging double, and even split the cost of a new $22 chain with me because the one that came with the kit wouldn't work with my frame, which I really didn't expect. Also shipping was 2 day fedex to my door for free.
So in short there is definitely no rule, especially in this industry, that says you get what you pay for.
Who was the vendor your friend got his PK80 from?

Back